Thursday, March 17, 2011

Unproductive Blissdom

I’ve been pretty unproductive this week so far and I must say that it feels kind of nice. I just need to make it through the next month and a half and then my stress load will be significantly lighter (or at least I am hoping so). Not that I am feeling very stressed right now, although I’m sure that it will be coming in the next few weeks when due date start creeping up on me yet again. Three projects due, but alas, I always manage to get things done.

I started filling out my FAFSA form today, for the umpteenth time, and unfortunately I ran into some problems. Of all the times that I’ve needed to fill it out and get it approved, this is the one where I run into difficulties. And to be honest, I don’t know that I’m doing anything any different than I have in years past. So, what does a woman do when she is having trouble filling out her FAFSA for the umpteenth time?! She calls her mommy for help! Not that my mom was able to help me anymore than what I had already tried, but she offered to take a further look at it and call the FAFSA people to see what they could help with. Like I really want to talk to those people anyways, ha! LOVE moms! Isn’t that what they are there for?!

I got to sleep in today, like really sleep in, not get out of bed until 9:30am (although some people might say that doesn’t really qualify as sleeping in- it does to me!) and then lounge in my pajamas until 11am watching a movie that I had DVR’d. Reason being… well I was supposed to have a morning of clinic today, but my supervisor let me know last night that she was not feeling well and would not be going in to work so I could have the day off. It sucks in that that is one less day that I’ll get hours for, but I had planned on going in next Friday afternoon anyways, now I’ll just go in a few hours earlier. No biggie, plus I get to see some really cool appointments next Friday that we don’t get a lot of experience with on campus, actually, pretty much no experience with on campus.

Here is a picture composite that I made for my friend Katie, I really love how it turned out because as I was putting it together, I didn’t think it would turn out so cool. It’s not perfect by any means, but it is still pretty neat! And good for a first attempt! Or at least I happen to think so, hehe!IMG_5422a-2Tomorrow, Jay has to head to Appleton for a check up on his gums from getting his teeth pulled last week. He is feeling pretty much back to normal which is good. I think he managed to sneak past the dreaded dry sockets which is even better. That didn’t happen to me either, but I’ve heard that it is rather painful, so I really didn’t wish that upon him. I may or may not accompany him. He doesn’t have to leave until after I get back from work. After his appointment, we may or may not peruse a few furniture stores. We are getting more than we had anticipated back for our tax refund and decided that we might get a new couch with a bit of the money. Unfortunately, we can’t spend it on a lavish vacation or splurge on something we really want since we’ll need it to live off of. But, our couch, albeit still ‘sitable’ is starting to get a little uncomfortable.

I can’t say how old the couch is as Jay’s aunt was SUPER nice to give us a couch of hers that she wasn’t using when we moved to Point. It was sitting on her porch and her dog was using it. It has worked for us ever since. Her dog did bit a hole in one of the front flaps covering the bottom of the sofa, there are some staples holding the side fabric on, and there is hole in the top that we need to keep covered so the cat doesn’t pull out the stuffing, but it has worked. It is also a sofa bed, but the bed is missing some springs, and the cushions are not staying on very well anymore. And lately, its just become pretty uncomfortable to lay on. Maybe it’s just me. In any case, it’s just a thought… we looked around in Point and have a few ideas, but in the end we may just stick with what we have for now. We’re pretty indecisive at this point.

I don’t want to jinx it or anything, but Jay had a job interview today. It’s for a larger landscaping company with the possibility for more money and benefits. He said he thought it went well and that they would get back to him within the next week and let him know. Keeping our fingers crossed over here! He still has his other job and he loves it, but the potential to move up and make more money just isn’t there. And he said it would probably be four ten hour days instead of five days a week. It would then give him Fridays to start his own little side business like he has been talking about. I guess we’ll hold on and see what happens!

I made some homemade ice cream for dessert last night. It was super easy and pretty good. It was sweeter than I thought it might be, but the two main ingredients are heavy whipping cream and sweetened condensed milk, so I don’t know what I was thinking it might taste like. And then I added some cookie dough (probably too much) and some turtle magic shell. Either way, it is still definitely edible!

Ayden has a cub scouts meeting tonight. I should want to go, but I don’t really. I didn’t put any make up on today since I stayed home all day and my face is breaking out because that time of the month is approaching (although not soon enough because I’d rather much not have to worry about it next week while we are at the water park).

Can’t wait for some waterpark fun though!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: