Monday, August 15, 2011

{toes in the water}

We ventured to the Sturgeon Bay/Door County area this past weekend to go camping with my dad’s side of the family and it was a lot of fun. The forecast was supposed to be rain, cold, and icky, but it turned out pretty nice. It did rain for a little while on Friday night, but that was about it (other than some sprinkles Saturday afternoon). Saturday was pretty cloudy and overcast and it looked like it was going to rain for the majority of the day and it wasn’t too warm, but that didn’t stop the fun. We didn’t go swimming at all because it was too cold out, but that was okay with me because I really wasn’t in the mood for swimming.

On our way home from camping we stopped at Cave Point County Park and Whitefish Dunes State Park in Door County and I got some great pictures. The weather was super great and the water wasn’t too cold and I could have stayed there all day long, but alas we had a long drive home so we only stayed for about two hours or so. I wish that it wasn’t so far away because I would love to go back again before the summer is up and I don’t think that we will have that opportunity.

Here is more than a handful of the pictures that I took. Like I said, I could have stayed and taken pictures all day! The sky was a gorgeous blue and the pictures were turning out so pretty.Untitled-1IMG_8212My boys walking off to explore some more… we could have walked and walked and walked down the cliffs and explored all day, but we didn’t. Thankfully both parks were only about five minutes from each other and we got into both of them for free and they were only minutes down the road from the campgrounds so we really didn’t have to go out of our way for either of them.IMG_8217Ayden and I were quick to get our feet wet! The water was so nice and clear (such a change from Lake Winnebago which we often frequent with the boat, but not swim in). At Cave Point the beach was less sandy and more full of little broken shells so we had to be careful when we got our feet wet that they washed off and we weren’t walking around with our sandals full of little shells cutting our feet… but that didn’t really stop us from having fun!IMG_8223Untitled-3IMG_8225IMG_8229IMG_8241Untitled-2IMG_8249This was a close entrance to one of the cave parts of Cave Point. There were a lot of people visiting the area so the amount of pictures taken here were slim because I really didn’t want people in the background of them. There was one other spot that I really wanted to get to and take some pictures (I saw a kid get down to the spot), but Jay didn’t want me to because it was a little challenging to get there and I had wet flip flops on and the kid I saw had tennis shoes on. Oh well… maybe the next time I get there (whenever that may be).IMG_8280IMG_8299IMG_8314IMG_8322IMG_8323Whitefish Dunes State Park was great too! The sandy beach was gorgeous and the water was clear and just walking along the shore line with the waves crashing in… it really let me feel like I was on my own piece of paradise even though I wasn’t in some warm tropical place. The beach went along for a long ways and I really could have kept on walking, but we stopped a nice sandy place and sat down for a while and Ayden and Jay built sandcastles and I took pictures and got into the water and got wet.

I really wish that we would have came with our swimsuits on because then we all SO would have gotten into the water and had a blast! But alas, we didn’t have our suits on so we were only limited to getting kind of wet. I even got Jay to take his sandals off and walk in the water with us. It really was a great way to end our weekend of camping… just our little family! I told Jay that we needed to take a weekend vacation up there next summer so we could spend a lot more time at the parks and just relax and have fun.

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: