Wednesday, August 24, 2011

{an update of sorts}

I am sitting at my kitchen table with my laptop right now listening to some Eve 6… I have been listening to their music, one cd in particular, since my sophomore year in high school and boy does it bring back some memories!

I have done two photo shoots in the last week and I thought that I would share some of the pictures with you. If you are my friend on Facebook and ‘like’ my photography page, you’ve probably already seen these.. but if not, I hope that you enjoy them here!

The first shoot was for a classmate’s niece. I have previously does a shoot for another niece of her’s, as well as her niece and parents. Apparently the family likes the pictures because they keep coming back. That makes me smile! This little girl was so cute and so much fun to photograph! I could just eat up those little cheeks!IMG_8383IMG_8412IMG_8482IMG_8583 copy 2IMG_8593IMG_8638The second photo shoot I had was for some senior pictures. I have done two previous senior sessions; however, both of the clients (for lack of a better word) were guys and they just don’t get into pictures the way girls do. I was SO excited for this shoot because first… the girl was gorgeous, secondly, she was willing to try pretty much ANYTHING, and thirdly, I just love any good excuse to get my camera out!

We (myself, the girl, her mom and sister) ventured all around downtown Stevens Point and found lots of cool locations! It was literally SO much fun! Everyone clicked really well and everyone was chiming in with ideas and such. I really had a great afternoon with everyone and I think this has been my favorite shoot to date! I have been going through the pictures and editing some and I am literally in LOVE with what I am seeing. I can’t wait to send the cds out and hear what the client has to say as well!

Here is just a taste of what I took!IMG_8884IMG_8949IMG_9114So, she had brought her prom dress from last year and after we got some good ones with it on, we got a little crazy with it and by the time we were done, she was soaked in her prom dress!IMG_9342There even was this rope swing by the river and her mom wanted her to try and swing on it with her dress on! Crazy awesome ideas… I tell ya! And she so would have, but the water was a little deeper than we wanted it to be and she probably wouldn’t have made it back to shore and we still had one more outfit we wanted to do and didn’t want to mess her hair and make-up up with the water.IMG_9412IMG_9424Next day… since I got distracted and then didn’t finish this post…

I am ready to go pick up my little man tonight. He has been spending the last couple of days with my mom. I feel like he hasn't been home at all this month and in all reality, he hasn't been home all that much. It is the 24th of August and Ayden has only been at home 7 of those 24 days. That is not to say that Jay or myself have only been with him 7 of those 24 days because that isn't true. One or both of us has been with him 13 of those 24 days... so yeah, he has been gone 11 days so far this month. August is always the month where he is gone quite a bit spending time with all of his grandparents. They save us on childcare that way! SO grateful!

But I get to pick him up tonight and it will be just me and him for the next couple of days. Lots of mommy and me time and I am looking forward to it because he only has one more week off and then school starts for him again. Second grade, AH!

About two weeks ago I left a list of stuff that Jay needed to finish before he left for his weekend away. He leaves Thursday morning and only one thing is crossed off on that list. His friend is coming tonight and I doubt that he will do anything more on the list. There are also two other regular chores that he needs to do before he leaves as well. The list isn't really anything extra... it is just stuff that he started but never finished. Like putting away sprinkler stuff he was working on, organizing the side of the house that he was working on, putting a few things away that he got out and never put back. And honestly, I will be IRATE when he leaves tomorrow morning and EVERYTHING on that list is not done. He has had TWO weeks to finish it. The total time he would actually have to spend on everything on the list is probably less than two hours. He has had WAY more than two hours of free time in the last two weeks. He had ALL of yesterday morning off because of the weather where he could have been doing some of that stuff... but NO he didn't. It just pisses me off. And my only reason for having him do it before he leaves is because once he gets back, I know he won't do it afterwards and it will stay that way until Spring when all of the snow has melted. Argh! Okay... I needed to get that vent out.

I have been super productive today. I got a lot of cleaning done, a little bit of shopping, and even some filing. I even stopped at Kohl’s to look at dresses for my cousin’s wedding coming up in November (yes, I know that is still a ways away, I just couldn’t help myself), and I found this cute little number!dressThe best part is that I had to buy it in a SIZE 5! I haven’t gotten anything in a size 5 in almost like FOREVER! I don’t even remember, not even in high school! Okay, so it is just a dress, it’s not like it’s a super cute pair of jeans in a size 5, but still! I’m pretty happy (despite the fact that when I stepped on the scale this morning I weighed 3.6 pounds more than I did Monday morning). I know, I pigged out yesterday. Chicken fried rice for lunch and supper and lots of it… an ice cream bar and a piece of ice cream cake. Um yeah, I’m allowed a cheat day, right?!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: