Wednesday, November 14, 2012

{22 degrees}


I've been having a hard time sitting down and blogging lately... that's because I feel like I have nothing super important, exciting, or otherwise to update everyone on right now. Or the fact that my life has been just jutting along without too many complications and I haven't felt the need to vent in a while. Things have been pretty calm and normal lately. I won't complain about that in the least. Calm and normal. I kind of like that.

Work everyday. Some days better than others, but that's typical. Working out almost everyday, once again, some days better than others. Trying and sometimes successfully eating good. Some days better than others. I mean really, when a patient brings in some Lindt truffles, how can you NOT eat one, or two, or three, haha! I have the best patients! (I may or may not have eaten three, or four, or five yesterday. But hey, today is a new day and I have vowed to keep my hands off any junk food today. So far so good, but when we have a slow day of patients like today, that is kind of hard, haha.)

Jay and Ayden are both doing well.

Our lives have calmed down a little bit these last couple of weeks. I don't feel like we are running around like chickens with our heads cut off all weekend long and that we are able to actually get some stuff done around the house on the weekends and still enjoy some down time. It's the little things in life right now that I am grateful for. When the hustle and bustle gets too busy we forget about everything that is important in our lives. I like to be on the go sometimes, but normally I like calm and quiet. I am not a crowd person. We'll see how I fair being the center of attention on the day of my wedding. Ugh, I just cringe thinking of it. I kid, I kid. Okay, so I only sort of kid.

This past weekend I ran six miles for the first time. Six whole miles without stopping to walk even once. Six miles! Yes, I will type that again, six miles! I couldn't believe it, but I knew I just had to keep going and keep going I did. The weather was pretty great too so that helped. Then I slacked and didn't run the three miles I was supposed to on Sunday and really should have because now it has kind of thrown my whole week out of whack. So, instead of running on Sunday, I ran yesterday. In 22 degree weather with stupid strong cold winds... I ran. I ran three miles. And you know what, I kind of sort of enjoyed it. I knew it was going to be a short run. Wait, since when do I consider a three mile run short?! I must be sick or something. Kind of sort of enjoying a 22 degree weather run and thinking that three miles is short.

Just two and a half very short months ago I thought running one mile was going to kill me. Now, I breeze through mile one and most of mile two before it really starts to hit me. I know I've said it before, but I am simply in awe at what the human body can do and what a person can achieve when they set their mind to it. Really! There is no such thing as I can't! There is simply I won't. Excuses don't exist anymore. Really, if you want something bad enough, you get off your lazy ass and go get it. That's it, plain and simple.

That being said, I've been a lazy ass myself this week. We had a crazy busy night last night with parent teacher conferences and swimming lessons for little man and I totally blew off my scheduled run or any other type of workout I could have done. I said piss on it. Oops! I very well could have done a good workout with Jillian Michaels or Chalene Johnson and my TV last night, but I wimped out. I don't know why, but I have just been so tired lately. I am falling asleep by 9/9:30pm most nights. It probably has something to do with the fact that I am going going going most days. I'd love to be able to stay up later, but that 5:50am alarm bell comes way too fast. I mean seriously, we are only talking 8.5 hours of sleep a night! Shut your mouth, I know that that is a lot, but I love me some sleep, haha!

Itching for a run though... going to pound it out tonight!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: