Sunday, November 25, 2012

{run, don't walk}

Saturday was my longest run to date.

7.2 miles.

I ran 7.2 miles.

OMG!

I was nervous starting out because I knew it was going to be a long run and I was worried that I would not be able to make it. I set out to run only as far I could make my body go. Seven miles or not, I wouldn't push past my breaking point.

The weather was cold... 22 degrees. Ugh! Hate the cold, but actually, running in it is becoming easier. The colder it is though, the more difficult I find it to get my breath. I started out and ran good for the first 3 miles. At that point I had to stop and walk for about a minute. I was bumming at that point. I wasn't even halfway through and already I had to walk. Ugh again.

After my quick walking break I picked back up and told myself that when I had made it another almost three miles, I could stop and walk again. I had a place in my mind where I would let myself walk. I got to that point and kept going. Just after the six mile marker I walked again for probably a minute. At this point I was going up a pretty steep hill and knew that if I wanted any sort of endurance after the hill that I should walk up it. I got up the hill and pounded out the last 1.2 miles. I got home and couldn't believe I had just run 7.2 miles... in an hour and 11 minutes. My average pace was just around 9:54! My knees were feeling it afterwards and so I took to my foam roller for a little bit. I know I should have rolled them out more, but it hurt too much. I wasn't as sore for the rest of the day as I thought I might be, but still sore.

It was hard to get off my lazy bum today and get my three miles in, but I did. I got up, got out, and ran and felt good.

My training continues to progress. Sometimes I wish it were easier, but the best rewards in life are never easy, are they?

Two five mile runs on deck for this week and then the Sleigh Bell Run on Saturday. Because the Sleigh Bell Run is only five miles and my scheduled run for Saturday is supposed to be 7 miles, I think I might make my Thursday night run seven to make up for it. We shall see...

I've enjoyed a bunch of days off from work. I've needed it to recharge a little bit, but now I am ready for our routine again. I think both Ayden and I are unconsciously craving it. I've definitely gotten my fill of Lifetime movies lately. Now it's time to get back to seeing patients. I know that I am going to blink and Christmas will be here and I am excited about that. I've had a great time these past few days getting to see all of my family members so much and catch up with them. It really has been a great time. I have the best family and extended family.

Another note worth mentioning because I can...

If you know me at all, you know my hatred for cooking and the fact that I'm not all that great at it. Well, yesterday I made some banana bars and let me tell you... they turned out DELICIOUS! OMG again! This was the first time I made them (new recipe) and they are SO moist and yummy! I LOVE banana bread, but I don't think I am going to ever have Jay make that again when we can have these bars! I could eat the whole pan and need to contain myself because I know for a fact that the scale would not be so kind to me if I were to do that. I had already over indulged a bit yesterday at Thanksgiving with my family, the food was just TOO good!

Ready for the week!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: