Tuesday, November 20, 2012

{over 100 miles}

*Written Monday, posted Tuesday.*
 
I started this thing called running exactly 76 days ago. 76 days! I have kept up with something for 76 days! First, that in and of itself is pretty amazeballs. Secondly, in that 76 days I have run OVER 100 miles. According to my Nike+ tracker I have ran 93 miles in the last 76 days; however, there were runs that I did not track with the Nike+ tracker and I can guarantee that those runs were over 6 miles when added together, thus getting me over 100 miles. I am in awe. 100 freaking miles people! Yes, maybe I am gloating again. Okay, not maybe, but I am damn proud of myself! 100 miles!
 
This past weekend was another 6 mile run. It went as well as can be expected I suppose. I had every intention of getting in 6.3 (the same run I did the weekend before), but I just couldn't push out that last 0.3. I was good through the first 5 miles. I envisioned the whole run in my head as I was running and could see myself coming to the finish, but that last mile was mostly uphill and against the wind and it really took a lot out of me. I probably wasn't hydrated enough either which didn't help, but I came up to my street and knew if I turned down it and got to my house it would be exactly six miles and that if I kept going straight to go around the block yet, it would give me the 0.3 I wanted, but I just couldn't. Six miles is six miles and is better than sitting on the couch and not running at all.
 
I need to give another shout out to my future mother in law and my mom for taking on Ayden duty this weekend. Jay's mom took Ayden to bowling while I had a photoshoot Saturday morning. We could not have asked for better weather. It was amazing and the family was SO much fun to work with! Afterwards I headed home and got there just as they were getting back from bowling. Chilled with and made lunch for the little man. In the early afternoon my mom stopped over to pick up some movies and took Ayden to the store with her to pick out his prize for getting a 100% on his latest spelling test and I got out for my six miler. Once again, I got home just as they were getting home. It was very nice of both of our parents to do that for us/me this weekend. And then I got a run in yesterday as well, as Ayden spent a little while at grandma and grandpa's house making some bird feeders.
 
Before the trip to grandma and grandpa's though, Ayden and I headed out with my bestie, Victoria, and her son, Parker to Ledge View and took a nature walk. I mean, seriously people, the weather we have been having has been amazing. 50 degrees in the middle of November! How could you not want to go outside?! We had a great time together climbing the tower, traversing some cliffs, and winding our way through the forest... and taking lots of pictures!
 
I had the best intentions of doing some weight lifting last night instead of going for a run, but when Ayden left and I had the house to myself I just couldn't sit inside and let the good weather go to waste. I needed to get back out there. So after a long walk in the woods, I headed out for my three mile Sunday run. I finished those three miles in my best time yet with an average pace of 9:54. That is less than a 10 minute mile, not by much, but still! I rocked it. And after that... after that I text Jay to bring some home chocolate for me, haha! I needed a good candy bar after that, hehe! And he didn't disappoint. Apparently the gas station was having a sale, so he brought home two of four different candy bars. Um, temptation much?! Haha!
 
Tonight... no run, just weight lifting. Need to focus on the arms tonight. Five mile run tomorrow. Rest day/another fun day with Victoria and the kids Wednesday, and my 5 mile Turkey Trot run on Thursday, with some swimming Friday, and a 7 mile run on the books for Saturday!
 
CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: