Friday, November 16, 2012

{support}


It's no lie that throughout many different aspects of our lives we need the support and love from those close to us. Whether it be during a hard class, a down time in our life, or something like fitness.

I have been blessed to have the family and friends in my life to help support me through life even when I don't think I can make it through. Yeah for awesome family.

The support that I want to talk about with this post, is the support that comes from those while someone is working on their fitness. (Oh joyous, another fitness related post, hehe!)

It's definitely no secret that I am WAY into fitness right now. I thoroughly enjoy buying workout clothes more than anything else right now. What?! NO WAY! I mean come on people, if you didn't know that, then where have you been. Almost every status update on Facebook of mine right now is about fitness. Almost every picture I upload to Instagram right now has to do with a run of mine. (Self centered much, maybe, haha! No, actually really just proud of my accomplishments so far, so aren't I allowed to post that kind of stuff. Okay, back on topic here...)

Anyways, I am lucky enough to have a fiance that supports my wanting to work out. I mean yeah, he does give me a hard time about it every now and then, but totally in a joking manner. Case in point, he was joking with me the other night after my 4.5 (yes, that 0.5 matters, lol) mile run that that was too short and I should be running 10 miles by now. But it was totally a joke and I knew that. That is just the way he is. I need to take it or leave it. And I love that he stands behind me and does not grudgingly watch me leave for a run while he is at home with the kid. He sometimes is the one pushing me out the door to go when I am not motivated enough.

But the kind of support that I want to focus on in this post is the support that you can receive from friends or family who are going through the same thing as you. I am blessed enough to have the best friends in the world. And here comes shout out time... my friends Victoria and Kristi are currently working on their fitness as well and I could not be more proud of them! They are both doing great! What's so awesome is that if any of us is having a bad fitness/eating day, we know we can just pick up the phone and call or text each other and there will be someone on the other end that knows what it feels like. Fitness is no joke, even for those already in great shape. Well, maybe it is a little bit easier for them. The rest of us are still trying to make it a permanent life change. We all slip up every now and then and to have someone in our corner saying that's okay, but make tomorrow better. Someone pushing us even when we are feeling lazy. Someone in our back corner rooting for us to succeed!

I've talked about going to Zumba with Victoria these last couple of weeks. (Btw, Kristi and I totally did Zumba together a few times as well back when we both lived in Point and loved it!) If it were not for Victoria going with me, I know for a fact that I would not have gone. I had the BEST time working out with a friend! I wish our schedules coincided better so we could work out more together or that Kristi and I lived a bit closer! We all have a common goal though and that is to better our health! We all know that there is no such thing as an excuse anymore.

No one ever gets done with a workout and thinks, damn, I wish I hadn't done that. Yes, maybe during the workout you are thinking damn this is hard and I don't want to be doing this, but you push through (hopefully), continually, and get it done! I know during my run last night I kept thinking, why can't this be any easier. I was at about the 3 mile mark and kept thinking, damn I still have 1.5 miles to go. This sucks, I want to stop and walk home. But then I thought, you've made it this far, why not just keep going. You'll make it home in one piece. Just continue to push. One foot in front of the other. Don't let me fool you, my runs still kill me. I can run one mile pretty easily now if I pace myself... even get to two miles, but then I need to push from about two until 3-3 1/2 before I start to really get into it and can feel it again. Once the last half mile is in sight, then I know I can just go. I have a six mile run on deck for tomorrow and I am both looking forward to it and dreading it. I know I can do it. I ran six miles last Saturday. But I also know that it is going to push me to my limit by the end.

No matter what, I do know that at the end of it, I won't be saying, gosh, I wish I hadn't done that. Nope, not me!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: