Sunday, December 2, 2012

{75.87}

(November 30, 2012)

At the beginning of November I set a goal.

A goal of running 75 miles during the month of November.

75 miles.

That is A LOT of miles. That is going around my typical loop in town 17 times. I can't even imagine that.

But at the beginning of November I set out and got to running and just kept on going and going and going.

Today is the last day in November and I am SO proud to report that I have run 75.87 miles this month. Last night I had my longest run to date... 7.34 miles. I ran the entire thing without having to slow down and walk once. I ran almost that far last weekend and needed to walk twice. Last night I just kept going.

It must have been divine intervention because just as I was getting to my breaking point last night, two songs came on my radio that kept me going. They pumped me back up. One was 'Let's go!'

Here are just a few of the lyrics: Let's go! Make no excuses now, I'm talking here and now, I'm talking here and no, let's go!' And I went.

The other one was 'How far do you want to go?' This one didn't exactly have go with the whole running thing, but every time the line 'How far do you want to go?' was sang, I screamed in my head 'ALL THE WAY' and just kept pushing it out. One foot in front of the other the entire run. And I hit the driveway with a smile on my face because I had made it. I did my seven mile run and I hit my goal.

I am a little nervous to run on Saturday though. My knees started hurting last night. I'm worried I might have pushed too hard. 6.3 miles Wednesday night and then 7.3 last night. Taking tonight off from any activity in hopes that my legs feel better.

I was just very sore last night afterwards and I was dumb. I didn't use my foam roller to roam out my IT band like I should have, I didn't ice and instead jumped into a hot shower. I ached just laying in bed last night. My whole body hurt. Here's hoping that Saturday's run isn't as rough. I now know that I can easily do five miles. It isn't the distance I am worried about. I've also become pretty good at pacing myself.

Way to go me! Here’s to another 75 in December!

(Already 5 miles completed in December, proud finisher of the 5 mile Sleigh Bell run!)

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: