Wednesday, December 12, 2012

{down it goes}


Down it goes, as in all of the food that has been going down into my stomach as of late. I keep telling myself that each day is going to be better than the last and then the new day comes and it isn't and I continue to shove my face with anything that it is an arms length and said items really aren't very good for me. Stop it, stop it, stop it, and yet it continues to go down. Stupid holidays, haha! Can't I blame it on something other than me?! Lol!

I've also gone from working out about 5-6 days a week to only doing 3-4 days a week and it sucks because when I don't work out my mood suffers. I need to get back into a better routine; however, it is going to be harder with the snow. The other night I did bust out a good run on the treadmill. I had fully intended on doing a six mile run on the treadmill. When outside I can typically keep my pace at a 10 minute mile, or even just a little bit under, but on the treadmill I was huffing and puffing at a 10 minute mile only five minutes into my run and I really needed to slow it down a little bit. I went from running 6 miles/hour to 5.5 miles/hour with a 1.5 incline. When I first started my run, I was alone in the weight room, but that didn't last for long. I'd have to say that about one mile into the run the weight room slowly started to fill up with guys. Never in a million years did I think I would be brave enough to get my sweat on in a room full of guys trying to workout. But you know what, I was probably one of the most fit people in there, haha! Okay, so I know for a fact that there were some of them in there that were more fit than me and a lot of them were probably stronger than me, but I do know that I could last longer on the treadmill than at least half of them, lol! It was funny to watch them pretend to workout. And they sure did take a lot of water breaks! Wimps! Haha! In any case, I had no problem continuing to run. I can proudly say that I wasn't the least bit self conscious while in there and let me tell you, by the end I was a good sweaty mess! I wimped out at just 5 miles, but really, five miles on a treadmill is a lot harder than five miles outside, at least it was too me. It took forever and I felt like I was getting no where. Haha, yeah, I know I wasn't getting anywhere. But I wanted to be safe and run inside and give the sidewalks a few extra days to get the snow off of them. Tonight's run... outside (hoping for six miles too!)

Another thing... I am SO sick of winter already (I know, who isn't), but really, I am sick of being cold. It is cold outside, ugh and it is cold inside, ugh again. I freeze pretty much all day at work, and people, it's not like I am wearing short sleeves. I NEVER wear short sleeves at work. I habitually have a cami, some sort of short sleeve shirt, and then a sweater or fleece on AND a scarf (because please, what is winter weather without wearing a different cute scarf everyday) and I am STILL cold! I HATE being cold! I feel it in my muscles at the end of the day from being so bunched up all day long trying to keep warm. I don't know why people think that a comfortable temperature for an office is like a zillion degrees below zero! How can I ever have a patient tell me that I have warm hands when I am cold all day long. I mean seriously, if I had a dollar for every patient that told me that I have cold hands, I'd be rich and wouldn't need to graduate. Seriously, what am I supposed to do to get my hands warmer, wear gloves?! It's not like I am keeping them cold on purpose. I am just ALWAYS cold! I much prefer the hot hot summer over the cold dead of winter. And yes, I am going to keep whining about how cold it is here in good old Wisconsin because I hate it. I go home at the end of the day and after my run, I curl up on the same spot on the couch with my heating blanket and just chill there for the rest of the night. Last night I turned the heat up in the house and still hid under the heating blanket. We don't keep our house too warm though either, but at least when I am at home, I can layer on as many clothes as I want to, whereas when I am at work, I need to look at least somewhat professional and cannot have two or three sweatshirts on and thick socks and slippers and a warm robe. Haha!

Other than freezing my patootie off and eating like crap, the rest of my week has been going pretty good. Today has got to be the slowest day on the planet at work though. Not a ton of patients and I don't have a lot of extra stuff to get caught up on so the day is dragging on. Some days I enjoy this because we stay pretty busy here for the most part and other days it just makes the day that much longer. Today is one of the longer days. This afternoon should go a little bit faster though, we have a few more patients. We are going to be crazy busy next week though with it being the week before Christmas. Definitely not looking forward to that. Busy is good, over busy just adds stress. I don't do stress, haha!

With that...

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: