Wednesday, December 26, 2012

{obligatory christmas post}

It’s been over a week since I last posted and in true fashion, there is a lot to update on. Well actually, the majority of it is Christmas related, but I will start before Christmas.

Last Wednesday was my last day of work before Christmas, although I had very good intentions of going to work on at least Friday. The weather was forecasting a pretty good snow storm Wednesday night into Thursday and I really didn’t have any good intentions on going to work on Thursday if the weather was bad, and in fact, one of the office managers called me Thursday morning and told me not to come in.

Wednesday night I pounded out a good five miles on the treadmill at the high school weight room. I didn’t want to run outside (or on the treadmill), but I got it done and felt pretty good. Prior to that, Wednesday at work went good. The day was packed with patients and it went pretty fast. I was able to head out a little early to finish up some Christmas shopping and then get home to run. The snow started late Wednesday and because I was staying home (and the kids didn’t have school), I watched Ayden and Alexis at our house. We didn’t do anything Thursday except stay inside. Alexis came over with a pretty good cold after being sick Tuesday night into Wednesday. The kids played outside for a little bit.

By Thursday night though, Ayden had a fever and was catching what Alexis had. I kind of expected it because they spend every morning and night together. I didn’t think Ayden would be going to school on Friday either, and he didn’t. It was kind of nice for me though because I wasn’t quite ready to brave the roads on Friday. Ayden and I spent most of Friday just chilling out at home. I doped him up with some cold medicine.

Friday night was my family Christmas. My mom came over late in the afternoon to help get ready and to hang out and then my sister, John, and my brother joined us later in the night. We had a lot of fun eating good food, opening gifts, taking Christmas pictures in front of our awesome tree, and playing a Wii tournament together. We all (except Jay) even battled in Just Dance 2! It was hilarious!

Saturday I was gone all day helping to photograph a wedding. The day went super fast and I got some awesome pictures of which I have yet to go through and post some on my photography blog. Sunday, I came home from the wedding. The wedding was in Wausau (about 2 1/2 hours away from my house) so the main photographer and I slept over night. I got home in the early afternoon and vegged in bed for a while watching Lifetime before deciding that I needed to get off my lazy patootie and do something and by that time it was dark out and I wasn’t going to run outside anymore. I had a nine mile run that I wanted to  complete and was totally going to put off until Monday, but I asked my dad if I could use his treadmill and I pounded them out. It was the longest nine miles EVER, but I did it! I rocked those nine miles!

Monday and Tuesday were Christmas celebrations. We ventured to a local bar on Monday afternoon and spent some time with my dad’s side of the family (there actual celebration is this coming weekend) and after that we went to Jay’s mom’s side of the family and then my mom’s side of the family. By the time we made it to my mom’s side of the family Ayden was pretty out of it. Each year we don’t start opening gifts there until usually 9:30pm or later (I don’t know why I ever think the next year is going to be different) and Ayden was asleep on my lap by about 8pm. Poor little guy! It was so nice to be able to rock him for a little while, but really, an eight year old on your lap isn’t quite as comfortable for either me or him as when he was two, but I know that he needed some mommy cuddles.

Tuesday we headed to Jay’s dad side of the family and Jay’s parents house. IMG_0441Oh man, says Ayden… this present opening is hard, what am I going to do! How am I going to be able to ever open all of these?!

Wait, I got a bowling ball, how cool is that?! He cannot wait to use it. He needs to go and get the finger holes drilled before he can use it though. IMG_0446By the time supper rolled around I was ready to be home and in bed. It had been a long couple of days!

I cannot believe that Christmas has come and gone already this year! Time flies! (Faster and faster every year.)

The best part of the holidays is definitely getting to spend it with our families. I will forever enjoy getting together with family and remembering the fun that we have together. There is always something memorable at each family event! As busy and tiring as the holidays are, I do enjoy it!

We were also blessed gift wise this year. Ayden got a bowling ball from Jay’s parents which he cannot wait to use for the first time. I got Jay a Kitchen Aid mixer of which he has been wanting for YEARS! It was even to the point where he wanted us to get one for Christmas from our parents, but I didn’t want to use ‘my’ part of the gift for something that only he wanted. I managed to find a super good deal on this one and I surprised him with him (well tried to anyways, he managed to find out before Christmas). He is in love and I know that he is just dying to use it for the first time! He surprised me with a Garmin Forerunner GPS running watch! He even got the kind right without me having to tell him, I was so proud, hehe! IMG_0388Ayden got lots of legos! He loves legos and I put up with them, haha!IMG_0391IMG_0395IMG_0398And today, Wednesday, I went for my very first run with my new watch. I am in love! Real dedication comes when you go for a run in 19 degree weather just to try out your new watch, hehe! And then Victoria and I went shopping! I spent my Target gift cards and got some new clothes and some new boots with some left over Kohls cash!imageWork tomorrow and Friday and then another four days off! And before I sign off, I will leave you with some family pictures we took on Friday…

Nothing like some awesome Christmas lights bokeh! Love it!IMG_0400Our beautiful Christmas tree! Don’t think we will be getting another long needled tree next year. As pretty as it is, you can’t see any of the ornaments that we decorated it with. Either way, its our tree and I love it!IMG_9696IMG_9701IMG_9704IMG_9717Yes, this is my crazy family and yes I love them!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: