Wednesday, December 5, 2012

{my own worst enemy}

To say that the start of this week has been anything but stellar says a lot, but in reality, it hasn't been all that bad of a week. I am my own worst enemy and I let my attitude get the best of me at times (more than just at times to be honest) and I am making my week go bad just with my actions and reactions to the actions of those around me. Today is turn around day. It is the middle of the week and I still have plenty of time to get my attitude into check and make the rest of this week something a little more stellar like. No promises that it is going to turn out super stellar, but I will make it turn out better than what it has started. Starting today. I am livin' and lettin' go today. I should take my own advice and do this more often, but you know, the best advice giver is often the worst advice taker, haha!

I don't have anything over stupid to complain about this week, other than me being selfish and wanting things to go my way and then having them not go my way, haha! Like I said, my own worst enemy, lol!

I have a set schedule of what I like to do workout wise during the week and the weather and my mood have corrupted that this week and then because I've been such a lazy ass, I've been eating pretty craptastic as well. How come it takes two weeks to get off those last stubborn three pounds, but it can take just one day to put them back on?! Seriously body, really hating you right now. Actually, I am really hating the scale right now, but ulitmately the blame is mine for feeding my body with crap instead of good stuff. Stupid hand to mouth contact, stop putting that yummy tasting chocolate in there, haha!

I'll admit it, I've been lazy. I rocked two pretty long runs last week on Wednesday and Thursday and then rested on Friday. I ran on Saturday and then was a bum on Sunday. I ran a quickie three mile run on Monday and then was a lazy bum yesterday (minus the 20 second plank and the 25 squats I did for both the plank and squat challenges that I am doing this month). I had very good intentions of getting a six mile run in last night. It was windy as you know what outside, so I called up my honey who was at wrestling practice and was going to let him get me into the weight room so I could use the indoor treadmill at the high school. Said honey didn't answer his phone, so I got home, got changed and went over to the high school on the off chance that maybe one of the doors would be open so I could get inside to get said honey's attention. No such luck. I was in no mood to run outside in the cold weather (even though on my way back from the high school I saw two runners busting it out) and I didn't want to bother my dad and use his treadmill, so I bailed on the running last night. Which means... tonight, even if it is cold as you know what and windy just the same, I need to get my butt out there and run. Run a good ole six miles, just to check it off of my list. I am seven weeks into my half marathon training and there is no going back now. I can run just over half of the distance for the half marathon. On deck for this weekend is an eight mile run and at this point, at this exact second, I might be crazy for saying that I am looking forward to running it. I am looking forward to an eight mile run. Please, someone call me crazy, haha!

I know come the actual run I may not be thinking that, but just the thought of being able to say that I have run eight miles is what is driving me at this point. However, with Jay's increased involvement with the high school wrestling team this year, which I know he is thoroughly enjoying, I am having to change up my running schedule a little bit. It's definitely some give and take lately and I'm trying to remember that I need to give just as much as I want to take and that my well being isn't the most important and that as long as Ayden is healthy and happy we are good. Well, you get my drift

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: