Sunday, December 2, 2012

{not alone}

Yesterday was the Sleigh Bell run. My third official race in the books. And I kicked butt! I ran 5 miles in 49 minutes 25 seconds (with the last two miles being mostly uphill and against the wind). I hit my groove around 2.5 miles and felt pretty good and then had to turn around and go against the wind and felt like the life was being sucked out of me. Okay, maybe that is a little dramatic, but it was definitely a hard run for me.

What made this run so awesome was that I was running it with Victoria. This was her first run. She did the two mile run and you know what, she rocked it (even if she doesn’t particularly think so)! She doesn’t know this (well she will now, since I know she reads my blog ‘Hey girlfriend!’), but throughout the entire race I was cheering her on in my head. She knows how much I stand behind her, but I don’t think she knows just how awesome I think she is for doing this! We had signed up for the Color Run on January 1st and for her to sign up for a race an entire month before she had originally planned, awesomeness!

Here we are at the finish line! Can’t wait to get more pictures of us together finishing other races!imagejpeg_2Victoria surprised me later in the day with a photo of me almost at the finish line. Neither of us had anyone there cheering us on. Insert sad face here! I knew Jay and Ayden couldn’t make it because Ayden had bowling at the same time, so I wasn’t too disappointed, but I was bummed for Victoria because it was her first race and seeing someone you know at the finish line cheering you, well there’s nothing like it!

When I got to about the last 3/4 of a mile, the ‘Let’s Go’ song came on again and I knew I could push through it. I rounded the last corner, saw the finish line and saw the timer and realized it was less than my last race and I kicked it into high gear! I ran faster than I have ever ran before and finished strong!imagejpeg_2aI got kind of nostalgic today and dug out some pictures of Victoria and I back in the day! Goodness do we look young! And ‘gloverschnarff forever’… don’t ask! Haha!20121202_113032Toga day!!!! Oh the memories, especially in the AV room, haha! Good times, good times!20121202_113048Love ya chica!!!!20121202_113108After the race, we ventured home, showered and ate lunch and then went cookie decorating at a local coffee shop! And man, those cookies were yummy! Both Ayden and Parker did a great job at decorating (and eating) the cookies!20121201_133604Some of MY beautiful creations! I think of the dozen (plus two) cookies that we decorated yesterday, there is currently only one left. Oops!20121201_142409The ONLY think I like about cold weather… being able to wear a scarf every day and not look weird. And yes, I do wear a scarf almost EVERY day! I love them and have a ton in different colors!20121201_14331920121201_13361620121201_143257After our decorating session, Ayden and I ran to Radio Shack real quick (like literally ran since it was just across the parking lot) because I needed a new phone cover for my phone. My other one partly broke last weekend and then broke the rest of the way this weekend. My new cover doesn’t look quite as cool as my other one, but it will do as a cover for the time being. It’s pink and I love pretty much anything pink.

The rest of the day involved a lot of sitting and watching TV. My legs kind of hurt and I was tired. Little man and my honey went bowling and went to bed. I would have joined, but bowling doesn’t start until 9:30pm and there was no way I was going to be able to stay up until then. I enjoy my sleep too much on the weekend and I was just bushed yesterday.

Today’s adventures included: doing homework, washing clothes, picking up odds and ends in the house, blogging, and going to get a Christmas tree. I was all about going to cut down our own Christmas tree, but honestly, I am just not in the mood too today, so instead, we are going to support the local Boy Scout Troop and buy one at the place down the block. As much as I wanted to continue a tradition of cutting down our own, I am all about supporting Boy Scouts because I know how much fun Ayden had in Cub Scouts when we were still in it.

Until later my friends, as I do have one more post coming today that I started a few days ago and didn’t end up finishing quite yet.

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: