Tuesday, December 18, 2012

{botched and unbotched}


(Written last Friday afternoon)

I chickened out on my six mile run the other night and bowed ungracefully out after just three miles. To be honest though, the wind was killing me. I was running against the wind for at least half of the three miles and it was hard my friends, hard. I probably could have kept going, but I wasn't really feeling it. I know that every run isn't going to be good and I just couldn't really get into a good groove the other night. I just kept thinking about how hard the last mile was going to be running against the wind and then just made up my mind to cut it short. It was still a three mile run, I mean I guess I can't say that I did nothing. (Is it sad that I now consider a three mile run short? Shouldn't I be excited that I can now run three miles without killing myself? I don't know.)

Another reason for my run cut short, icy sidewalks. I have to say that the majority of the people in town are pretty good at keeping their sidewalks clean (at least it seems that way so far), but really, three days after a snowfall and you still have icy/snow on your sidewalk, really?! Don't you know that that is interfering with my running capabilities, haha! I could feel myself not really running full out because of the sidewalks. I started my run when there was some light left in the sky so I could see the icy sidewalks, but about halfway through it got dark and then I didn't know what I was stepping on and really didn't want to fall and get hurt. Guess I need to get some grips for my shoes for the winter running.

I'm going to attempt to make up for Wednesday night and tonight get a good six mile run in. The wind is supposed to be pretty nonexistent tonight and the weather is supposed to be pretty nice as well. And since I didn't work out at all on Tuesday or Thursday, I need to make up for it, lol! Okay, I probably don't need to make up for it, as much as I need to watch the unhealthiness that I have been putting in my mouth.

Has anyone heard of Funky Chunky popcorn? OMG! If not, look it up at funkychunky.com! I think I have died and gone to heaven, this stuff is AMAZEBALLS good! And like AMAZEBALLS bad for you, lol! Popcorn and peanuts covered in butter, chocolate and caramel! Talk about a party in my mouth. Anyways, I attended a hearing aid conference yesterday and the manufacturer was giving this stuff out to the participants. I made Ayden promise not to tell Jay that I have some because I want to keep all of that goodness to myself! I swear I could have eaten the entire jar of it last night in one sitting. I mean, it is not THAT big, but still, even what I did end up eating was too much! (And there is even some more at work that I can snack on, sweet sweet goodness!)

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: