Sunday, December 30, 2012

{should have expected this}

It is Sunday night and I am sick.

I should have expected this. I should have known that my sister and son would share their germs with me.

Thankfully, I think I am on the mend.

It started on Thursday, so thankfully it was after the Christmas celebrations. I woke up Thursday morning and started to get ready for work. I didn't feel 100% as I started to get ready, but I really wanted to get out of the house for a little while so I told myself that I would go to work and then leave early if I started to feel worse.

I made it until 1:00pm and then I headed home. My whole body just started to ache, particularly my back, and so I came home and just relaxed. Thankfully I was child free until Friday afternoon so I didn't have to worry about Ayden.

I spent the majority of the next three days in bed/on the couch feeling like crap. It wavered between fever, chills, sore throat, cough, stomach ache. Now, it is pretty much a sore throat/cough and runny nose. My appetite is pretty much back to the way that it was, although it is hard to eat when your throat hurts so bad. I got some cough drops today that have really helped my throat which has been great.

I finally found our NyQuil last night and I took some before bed and slept pretty good. I'm thinking about taking some again tonight and then hoping tomorrow I can go medicine free. A lot of this sitting around has really put a damper on my mood. It wouldn't be so bad sitting at home for a few days if I didn't feel like such a pile. My house is a disaster and I have no ambition to clean it whatsoever.

I haven't been able to workout/run since last Wednesday and that has also played into my sour mood. Plus, my back just hurts. I need a good massage and I know it hurts from me sitting around/laying around so much lately. It just aches.

And I'm in a sour mood. Ugh.

I wish I felt normal again.

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: