Sunday, March 10, 2013

{at this moment}

Despite the crappy rainy, albeit a little warmer, weather this weekend, it has been pretty good. Well, at least yesterday was! I was able to leave work a little early on Friday because of our no patients/possibility of losing power thing I blogged about last time and came home and managed to do nothing. The weather was fantastic and I kept telling myself that I should get my butt off the warm couch and go outside in the sunshine and run my little heart out! I didn't. Instead, I took a short nap on the couch. Ayden stayed and played with Alexis at my dad's house for a little while after school.

Later in the night, Victoria and I headed over to my cousin's house for a 31 party. We had a great time there and both spent way too much money! I can't wait to get my products!

Yesterday was a great day! I slept in. Once again, I thought about going for a run while Jay took Ayden to bowling. Instead, I stayed home and went to bowling with them. Afterwards, we ran to Walmart to pick up a few things before heading out to go rollerskating/blading with my dad's side of the family at a semi-local skating rink. It was mega busy at the rink yesterday, but we all had a blast! At first Ayden was adamant about not skating, despite remembering how much fun he had last year after not wanting to skate. He started out slow and by the end of the afternoon, he was going around by himself. He definitely fell his share of times, but he just kept getting right back up and going going going! So proud of him!

After skating, the family headed over to a local pizza buffet and we all shoved ourselves crazy full of pizza! Oh yum! Loaded baked potato pizza and chicken bacon ranch pizza, HELLO yum! I definitely had more than I needed, but oh, it was SO good! And even better, after skating, almost everyone headed back to my grandparents house for homemade ice cream and birthday cake! There was just something about everyone being together and makes a girl happy! My dad's family is pretty big (although not as large as Jay's dad's family), so there was lots of people and lots of noise! If I sit and count there are about 50 some people in the family and I'd have to say probably 30 or more were there last night. On top of the delicious pizza we had, the homemade ice cream was amazing! Sitting and eating a bowl of homemade ice cream with homemade fudge with all of your family around, it just brought back a ton of good memories and the night ended well! Ayden and I headed home around 8pm and I crawled into bed while Ayden and Jay went bowling with my brother.

Lovely day light savings had me lose a precious hour of my time today, but that is okay. Instead of going on a run on Friday or Saturday when it wasn't all rainy and super crappy, I went out this morning for a 4.5 mile run in the rain. I enjoyed the run in the rain. The weather wasn't actually too cold, but the entire run I was freaking myself out about my run next weekend. The 4.5 miles I did today was kind of tough on me, but I wasn't really feeling it and next weekend I have to do 10.5 miles, over twice the distance I went today. A small part of me believes that I can do it, and a big part of me believes that I am way in over my head. I need those to switch around. I know come race day my adrenaline will kick in and I will definitely pull this off! There really isn't any other option!

I've been getting lots of questions lately from almost everyone I come into contact with about how the wedding planning is going. At this point I just want to say I don't even care. I am so anti wedding planning right now and I don't know why. I find that I'm kind of waving back and forth between loving planning and hating it. I'm trying to avoid any extra stress in my life right now and I know if I concentrate too hard on wedding planning, I'm going to get too stressed and crabby and bitchy and I'm just not feeling those moods right now. If I could snap my fingers, have it be wedding day and everything done already for me that would be great, haha! Alas, I cannot. Despite knowing that I can and should be doing some stuff now, I can't bring myself too. I just want to concentrate on getting through the rest of this semester, graduating, and securing a job before throwing myself into full on wedding stuff. Can you blame me? Probably.

I want to do a Tough Mudder race. It's a 10 mile obstacle race. It's a crazy ass 10 mile obstacle course race... and I want to do it. I want to do it two weeks before my wedding. If you know what a Tough Mudder is, you probably think I'm crazy. If you don't, google it, and then you will think I'm crazy. I turned down the Hot Mess Mud Run a week before my wedding, but I can't turn down this race. The runner in me won't allow it. If you live life in fear that you will get hurt you won't go out and do anything. I don't want to be one of those people. Besides, I'm one of those people who won't allow herself to get hurt, haha! Victoria and I, and a bunch of other people, are going to earn that orange headband! We have all summer to train! Plus, after my half next month, I need something to keep my motivated for throughout the summer! It's going to not only kick ass, but it is literally going to kick our ass! And we say, BRING IT ON BIOTCH!

Jay and I were supposed to get our engagement pictures taken today, but with the crappy rainy weather we had to reschedule. I'm hoping for less snow, warmer weather, and bright sunny skies at the next attempt! We'll get them done at some point, so I'm not worried about it!

Back to the grind of work tomorrow! Going to be another good week!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

1 comments:

Sarah said...

I am NOT hardcore enough for a Tough Mudder. It's the electrical current thing. Not a fan. At all. BUT! I think it's great that you want to do it,and I totally support that! Go get 'em, cupcake!

Sarah
www.thinfluenced.com