Wednesday, March 13, 2013

{scale intervention}

I needed an intervention with the scale. It had to come. Seriously! I stepped on the scale last night and literally almost threw up in my mouth! The scale read 124.5! A freaking number that I haven't seen in OVER six months! For the last couple of weeks the scale has been slowly and steadily increasing and I CANNOT take it! I HATE seeing it go up! Although, honestly, who doesn't?! I cannot let it get to me the way that it does, but I do! I have been consistently working out about 3-4 times a week and getting my sweat on and consistently doing my challenge of the day exercises for March so far (no frowny faces yet, even busted out my exercises at 9pm one night because I didn't want a frowny face). And when I'm working out at the gym, I leave with sweat dripping off my face, so it's not like I'm just half assing my workouts. Am I working out less than I used to, yes, but I don't think that that is why the weight is slowly creeping up. Let's be honest here, my eating has kind of gotten out of control again. I think I thought to myself that, hey, you are maintaining your weight pretty well, you've been doing good for about six months, you got this. And then I sort of gave into all of my cravings. Lots of chocolate, bigger portions, second helpings, I couldn't stop. And wouldn't you know, the scale has gone up. So, it is back to using My Fitness Pal on the phone and tracking my calories and portions a little bit better in hopes of decreasing the number on the scale again and learning to curb myself. A bowl of ice cream every now and then, that's fine... a bowl of ice cream every night, not so good! Okay, I lie, it is delicious, but definitely not helping any, haha!

I've also decided that I need to stop letting the scale determine how my day is going to go. So, what did I do? I texted Victoria, vented to her, found out she is having the same kind of frustrations and we've decided to limit our time on the scale. I thought weighing in once a week would be good, but she wanted at least twice a week, so that's it. Mondays and Thursdays (to start) are our now official scale days. Have I mentioned how much having someone keep my accountable has helped my journey and keep me motivated to keep going?! Why yes, yes I have, a million and two times now, well I must say it again, love that girl! She probably has some inkling of how much she keeps me motivated day in and day out. Having someone right down the road that I can call at the drop of a hat and say, hey you want to go work out, and she'll agree is amazeballs! It's all about having that buddy! I didn't realize how much it helps until we moved back to town and Victoria started to work out with me. I cannot wait for this summer! I see many many runs, walks, rollerblading journeys, hikes with the kids, and playground exercises that will kick our ass together! Hear that Victoria... come summer, it's you, me, and our own bootcamp... screw needing to pay for a class, we can make our own!

Speaking of summer, someone please tell me that it is on the horizon?!?! I mean seriously, we are almost halfway through March and it is still snowing and 30 degrees out! The high for my race on Sunday is supposed to be 28 degrees and the high is usually around noon or later! That means my race is going to be like 20 freaking degrees! Ugh! So not excited for the weather, but definitely getting more and more excited for the race itself. As nervous as I am, I know that I am going to push through and rock it! I want to prove to MYSELF and no one else (well mostly no one else) that I can and WILL be able to finish it! It is going to be great!

Even though the weather is still kind of cold. Oh, who am I kidding, it is still way too freaking cold, with daylight savings time, I am a much happier person. Light outside until after 6pm, hell yeah, I'll take that! I don't mind it being darker in the morning. That just means I get to see the sun rise on my drive to work and really, that is pretty gorgeous most mornings, if I don't say so myself! And even if it is cloudy out, it isn't super dark when I leave, so I can still deal. The being lighter later thing is really my friend. It just makes the day seem like it is so much longer. I am itching for some 40 or 50 degree weather and the snow to melt to really move my workouts outside more. I am definitely an outside person. I may not be considered outdoorsy per say, but I love just being outside in the fresh air! There is nothing better, in my eyes, than a hot summer day with the sun on full force sitting out on my swing with a good book... nothing better! Well, hugs and smooches from the little man rank right up there too! Plus, warm weather means I won't be so cold all of the time! Definitely getting sick of that, and paying for a ginormous heating bill. Hello, last year at this time we had a week of 70 degree weather! Mother Nature, you hear that! 70 freaking degrees! I'd at least take 40s or 50s right now, come on, cut this chick some slack!

I try to stay hydrated throughout the day. Staying hydrated means having to pee a LOT! I think my coworkers must think I have bladder problem for all of the times I am using the bathroom throughout the day! Seriously, it's cray cray! Every morning for the last couple of months, when I get to work I have a cup of hot chocolate. It used to be just 8 ounces, until I realized I could make the Keurig give me 10 ounces, yeah I know, I haven't quite figured it all out yet. So now, in a matter of about 15 minutes each morning, I am downing 10 ounces of hot chocolate. I drink it pretty fast because #1, I'm usually cold and it helps warm me up, and #2, it's just yummy goodness, and #3, I like to get it gone before seeing my first patient, otherwise it is cold by the time I get back to it and cold hot chocolate, not so yummy! Then, throughout the rest of the day, I am guzzling at least 75 more ounces of water from my cup. If my pee ain't clear, something's wrong, lol! I usually do pretty good at keeping up with the water intake while at work during the week. At home during the weekend is when I suffer.

Okay, that is enough mumbo jumbo for the day...

CIAO! LOVE ME!

1 comments:

Sarah said...

I am a bottomless water pit. Truth!

I hate the scale. It's a man, swear to God. Frickin' thing...

I'm glad that you're so honest with yourself and say "Hey, maybe I haven't been eating so great..." Some people eat 8334343 boxes of Girl Scout cookies and can't figure out why they've gained 40 pounds. Really? (I used to be that person.) Anywho, your honesty ROCKS!

Bring on the hot weather!

Sarah
www.thinfluenced.com