Friday, March 8, 2013

{LONG week}

It's finally Friday... right?! It better be Friday because I am SO ready for this week to be over. I am writing this while at work waiting for the power to possibly go out. You see, well actually you don't, you read, haha... a transformer right outside our building blew this morning and according to the power company, there was a good chance that the building would probably lose power at some point during the morning. Therefore, we saw our two early morning patients and then ended up rescheduling the rest of them for the day because you can't exactly see patients in the dark. Well, you could, but you really wouldn't want to, now would you? Didn't thinks so. The last thing we needed was an elderly patient walking down the stairs to our office, the power going out, said patient tripping and falling, and ending up in the hospital, or worse, someone getting stuck in the elevator. Now that would really be a riot!

So, instead of seeing patients for the day, I have been helping the front office stay fold, stuff, and seal envelopes for the upcoming battery sale. Oh joyous world! Actually, it has been a nice relaxing morning, just what this chick needed. That, and I don't ever mind helping out someone who needs it, well most of the time I don't mind. Well, I never mind with the people that I work with. They have seriously become like family to me and if I end up having to leave at the end of my externship, I'll be sad to say goodbye... but honestly, it probably wouldn't be goodbye because I'd keep in touch! I even still miss the people I worked with while I was in Point. I was at that office for a good seven years and they really WERE like family to me! I love small atmospheres with good people and have been blessed to have two great work environments thus far!

Fitness wise this week, because I might as well get that out of the way at the beginning of this post, or the middle of it, whatever you want to call it... it has been pretty good. Even with the extra water retention this week (week before TOM, not that you cared), the scale has been kind of nice to me. I've also made an effort to really try and drink a lot of water each day. Typically I drink about 60 ounces per day, which is average I would say... I know I could definitely be drinking more. This week I've been averaging about 75 ounces per day and with that increase in fluids intake, there has also been an increase in fluid outtake, lol! Once again, not that you cared to know! Food has been okay. That is always my weakness, but suffice to say, I haven't shoved EVERY morsel of food that I've come across into my mouth. Anywhoo, I ran four miles on Monday, biked 9.5 miles on Tuesday, did absolutely nothing on Wednesday, not even my challenge of the day, and yesterday I was a BEAST I tell ya, a BEAST!!! I ran four miles after work, then I went and did an hour of hot yoga, and then yet... came home and did my challenge of the day, which just so happened to be... 25 chair dips, 35 push ups, 45 sit ups, 65 squats, and 1min 45 sec of plank. Okay, I lie, I didn't do it all at home. I did the squats earlier in the day at work during lunch, I started my push ups before yoga started and counted some core work at yoga for 20 of my sit ups and we did plank at yoga; however, I know it wasn't for 1 min 45 seconds. Even still, I busted my butt!

Yoga was great, as usual. Victoria and I typically go on Friday nights, but we couldn't make it this Friday, so Thursday night it was. Friday night class is usually pretty full, although not packed. Last night's class was packed. There are two different instructors and we've had both now for several sessions and they both teach the class in their own ways. There are different things that I enjoy about each of them and they both make the experience about yourself, which is the best. I was surprised and happy to see some other friends at yoga that I hadn't seen before which made it even better! I have to say, because the class was so full, I was a little self conscious at the beginning, but then I let it all go and just was. I concentrated just on myself and that was it. I did the yoga for me and relaxed. Once again, it was a kick butt workout, but it always ends so relaxing!

I got home, the rest of my night sucked for reasons I'll not post. I woke up this morning just exhausted. The last thing I wanted to do was get out of bed and come to work for a long day of seeing patients. Guess things work out in mysterious ways, eh?! Haha! However, I have to say that the patients we did see this morning definitely did put a smile on my face! I had every intention of not working out tonight because I'm just so tired, but the sun is shining and the weather is great and my legs are itching for a good outside run in the sun and warm(er) weather... so just another quick 3 or 4 mile run might be in the books before going to my cousin's 31 party tonight. We shall see! I know that at least I will get my challenge of the day in the books because I want no frowning faces on this months calendar. I had one in February, so none in March! It can, and will be done!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: