Saturday, March 2, 2013

{fab february turns into marvelous march}

My friend (by now you should know she’s my friend), Victoria, and I did a fitness challenge throughout the month of February in addition to whatever else exercise that we would do on our own. In involved doing a specific set of exercises 6 days a week. We did push ups, sit ups, squats, and the plank, and the numbers increased a little bit each week. I am happy to report that I was successful in completing the challenge minus one day! I also discovered that I was only working out about 3-4 days per week during February and during March I would like to increase that to 4-5 days per week.

Here is my colorful February calendar with all of my ‘X’s indicating finished days! Victoria and I liked the challenge so much that we decided to continue it into March. Okay, maybe she didn’t like it as much as I did, but she’s joining me none the less, hehe! I’ve also added in chair dips as an exercise. I put our rest day on Sunday again; however, much like February, my rest day will probably end up more on Fridays or Saturdays, haha! I also got smart with March and did it on the computer because I’m anal like that and want things all pretty and neat looking.March started off great workout wise as I did my first run outside in weeks! I took heed of the warning on my headband and ran ran ran! I ran for 9 MILES! 9 FREAKING miles! 9 FREAKING MILES PEOPLE! How I managed it, I have no idea!And here is the proof! I was nervous that I wouldn’t hit 9 miles by the time that I hit my driveway and was kind of bumming because there was no way I was going to be able to run past it and wouldn’t you know, just as I hit my driveway, it hit 9 miles! Blessed! Not only was this my longest run since before Christmas, but it was also outside in 22 degree weather (that felt like 9 degrees according to my phone’s weather app) and 15 mph winds! Can we say COLD! But I did it! I just had to keep going!

I am running a 17k (about 10.5 miles) in just two weeks and I needed to feel like I could actually finish that race before going ahead and actually registering for it. I’ve been too scared to pick the 17k and have actually entertained the idea of just doing the 5k with Victoria, but after this run, I know I can do it! It has also helped me believe that I can start and finish my half in April. To be honest, since getting sick at the end of December I wasn’t feeling too confident that I would ever get to that half mark. I was on such a roll before getting sick and then couldn’t talk myself back into it. Just goes to show that SO much of it is mental and I can’t let my brain take over!

My legs are still kind of feeling it today. Last night, Victoria and I hit up hot yoga again and it felt amazing on my sore muscles, although my left knee actually hurts today when I go up and down the stairs. I’m hoping that it goes away soon!

No actual workout today (besides the calendar), but Ayden and I did finally make it to the sledding hill that is honestly right behind our house. There is absolutely no reason (other than me hating the cold and snow and being lazy) for first making it sledding on March 2nd, but we made it. The sun was shining and it was relatively warm for a Wisconsin winter day. My workout was… walking back up that darn hill every time my stupid self decided to slide down it, haha! That was a good workout! I have no idea where Ayden gets his energy from because I swear he was up and down that hill three times as much as I was! It was insane! My legs were definitely feeling it! CIAO! LOVE ME!

1 comments:

Sarah said...

NINE MILES! Holy crap, cupcake! You are awesome! You're doing this thing; atta girl!!!!

Sarah
www.thinfluenced.com