Wednesday, March 27, 2013

{wednesday blabbering}

I've been having a hard time this past week formulating any sort of coherent blog post that ya'll might even want to consider reading. I'm not here to announce right now that I have the blog post of blog posts going on in my head right now, but after more than a week of silence from me, I just feel the need to write. So, beware, this blog post very well may not blow you out of the water like all of my other blog posts, or like I think all of my other blog posts do, hehe!


Last week was difficult for me when it comes to working out. I ran on Tuesday and Wednesday and my knees hurt both days. I made four miles by pushing myself pretty hard on Tuesday and on Wednesday, by three miles I needed to stop and walk for the last mile. It was definitely a buzz kill to me, even though I pushed myself for that last mile by increasing the incline to a severely dangerous level and making myself speed walk it. Well, it may not have been a dangerous incline, but it was definitely high!

I took Thursday off from working out, I didn't make it to hot yoga on Friday (although Victoria and I did go for a three mile walk and yes Victoria, I know it was exactly three miles because I took us on my usual three mile run route), and Saturday and Sunday were a wash as well. I have even been slacking on my exercises of the day challenge because I've just not been in the mood. Totally not me... been bumming about the icky crappy cold weather that is still sticking around, bumming about my knee pain, and well last week was super busy at work so I just didn't feel like working out.

Despite weekends in the past where my eating has gone completely out the window, I am proud to report that this weekend I did fairly well with my eating and water guzzling. And that is something to be proud of because I was home alone all of Saturday afternoon where I could have put anything and everything in my mouth, but I didn't, even giving the laziness I was displaying by sitting on the couch the entire afternoon doing nothing but watching stupid shows on TV and taking a nap or reading something smutty. The scale was still nice to me in the morning on Sunday. And yes, weigh in days are Monday and Thursday with me and Victoria, but I just knew that the scale was going to be nice on Sunday morning and I needed to see a nice number instead of something rude. Even though it shouldn't be, it was a morale booster. Eating Sunday was pretty good as well. Jay and I had Applebee's for lunch, but I just had a salad and soup and it was so yummy and I did okay for supper. Even though I weighed in Monday, I still stepped on the scale this morning and like I thought, it wasn't very nice. It wasn't overly rude, but without my nice Sunday reading, I would have been upset come Monday seeing the same number.

I cannot believe how ungodly fast this week has been going. Not complaining, but dude, slow it down a little bit... pretty please! I'm not asking for much, am I?

Last night was great. Jay's grandparents invited us over (at my request) for potato pancakes! I am seriously in love with Jay's grandma's potato pancakes (and her cake, and her meatballs, and her just about everything). So, we headed over there, along with Jay's parents and brother, and enjoyed a night with his grandparents eating good food and playing some hilarious rounds of Uno afterwards. And really, what meal at Grandma Hoerth's house wouldn't be complete without some Grandma Hoerth cake tops?! Yeah, love that woman like none other! It was a blast! The night flew by and before I knew it, it was morning time again and here I am, more than halfway through the week!

I am happy to announce that the weather has been great this week and I have already gotten in two outside runs. A 4.5 mile run on Monday and 3 miles yesterday! My left knee is still bothering me about two miles in, but in all fairness, I was kind of pushing myself on both runs this week. Taking today off from running, but I am going to hit the bike tonight. Looking for 15+ miles and I'm going to do it. Would love to be outside biking today, but it is kind of windy and well I'm just not ready for that. We'll stick to the inside for today anyways.

CIAO for now! LOVE ME!

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay for potato pancakes! Your muscles are still recovering. You will get there! I couldn't bike for two weeks after our century. Legs wouldnt hold up.

Sarah
www.thinfluenced.com