Tuesday, May 7, 2013

{maximize your life}


(written Monday)

Last night Victoria and I trekked to Milwaukee and back to see Jillian Michaels. We got to see Jillian Michales... IN PERSON! Dude, I have a serious girl crush on her and the entire time that we were there watching her speak I just wanted to go up to her and pinch her to make sure she was real, haha! We had pretty decent seats and her presentation went over great!

We had a minor roadblock in getting to the actual theater. We both live in a small town about an hour and a half away from Milwaukee and neither of us really wanted to drive to get there, but I decided that I would. The directions didn't seem too hard to follow, my GPS was working, and Victoria promised to be a good co-pilot. Plus, we were leaving around 5pm on a Sunday so I wasn't expecting the traffic to be too bad.
The drive down was easy peasy and we even managed to get through the super highway criss cross thingy that I swore I would never drive on just fine. We got down towards the theater and it became a little busier. I may or may not have knowingly gone straight in a turn only lane, lol! Don't worry, I was checking to make sure no one was coming that I would hit or whatever. We were fine. We found the theater that we had assumed it was at, drove past that, found a parking ramp, grabbed a ticket, and then headed off to the theater... only to find out we were at the wrong one! LMAO! Totally my fault! Thankfully the one we needed to be at was only another block away and we still had plenty of time get there.

We found the correct theater (and were happy to know that we weren't the only ones who messed up and went to the wrong one first), got our tickets from the will call ticket booth and found our seats. Then it was full on Jillian time. I think the best part about screwing up the first time was that we didn't have to wait long before Jillian came on. Two great surprises at the beginning of the show... her little daughter came running out on the stage... AND... Dani from this past season of the Biggest Loser was also there! I cheered for Dani the whole time! It was totally cool!

So, the presentation started and Jillian is just SO real! She doesn't hold back, she cusses, she wore freaking flip flops, and we had tons of laughs throughout! I think the best part was seeing that she is exactly the same person I had pictured her to be after seeing her on TV and during her workout videos. It was so great and I'm so glad that I could share in the experience with my bestie! I think she enjoyed it as much as I did, at least I hope she did! I would have loved to have had VIP passes to see the meet and greet and the questions her and Dani were going to answer afterwards, but we didn't. It was about a three hour long engagement and it was totally worth the money. And actually tickets weren't that expensive and we had good seats!

We maneuvered out of Milwaukee just fine. Thankfully by 10:30pm the roads are pretty empty and our drive home was fine. We got home around midnight and I was up bright and early this morning. Tired does not begin to explain how I feel this morning, haha! Actually, I downed some Spark bright and early and I felt pretty good throughout the majority of the day. I drank lots and lots of water. I needed to make up for my lackage of water drinking yesterday. I did pretty good on Sunday with at least 80 ounces, although I'm shooting for about 100 ounces per day these days. Funny thought, I had a Mt. Dew yesterday afternoon because I was just dying of thirst and it sounded semi good. I knew I would need some caffeine and so I just popped a can of soda. I don't often have soda much these days. Anyways, even as I was tilting the can back to take a drink I thought to myself that this wasn't going to taste very good or satisfying and honestly, it didn't. I regretted drinking it afterwards.

Yesterday, my mom, Ayden, and I had a picnic lunch at High Cliff and then went for what I wanted to be a nice leisurely hike but turned into scaling down this huge hill and then having to scale back up it. It was a great hike though that involved trying to jump over giant puddles of water, enjoying the warm sunshine, and just having fun!

My knee killed after the run on Saturday. I was doing good for pretty much the entire run, but right towards the end as we were going through some woods I felt something tweak in it and then I was the one telling Ayden to slow down. It hurt like a mother! I don't think it helped that the majority of the run was on uneven grass. It sucked. For the rest of the weekend I braced it which seemed to help some. People, I am dying here with the knee! Honestly though, this morning it felt pretty good. Definitely not as sore as I was expecting. The weather is great and I'm just dying to get out and run. Cross train and strength train, that is what I need to do! It starts tonight with a bike ride with the little man. I am going to try and go swimming some more too. I took about two weeks off of no hardcore working out, but it's back into it. I tell you. This nice weather and me, we like each other. I can't sit inside so even if it means walking outside instead of running, that's what I'll do! I also need to continue trying to eat better as well! This weekend was a bust, haha! Oh well! That rocky road shake I had at Scoops with the little man was well deserved and I can't say no to special moments like that, especially when we had a gift card, hehe!

And it definitely doesn't help when I bring donuts into work like I did today, but I wanted to thank everyone for being so awesome to me this last year. If only I could have kept my hands off of them. I had one and a half. Oops! But it tasted SO good! I suppose I really need to go on the bike ride tonight, don't I?!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: