Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Professional Photographer

I’m not a professional photographer, nor do I want to be, but I find myself getting jealous over those who are trying to start their own photography business and are making money off of it when I am just as good as them. I’ve been really working on not getting worked up over things like this. I think my jealously stems from seeing individuals pages on Facebook… they consider them professional photographers and people are paying these individuals larger sums of money for pictures that I don’t consider worth the money. But I suppose that is just me. Everyone has the right to like whatever they want as far as photography goes, don’t get me wrong.

But what I’ve been working on is not caring. These individuals want to do photography as a career, they will grow, as they should, and they will make a living from their work. I have to let it go that I cannot (and definitely WILL NOT) be a better photographer than everyone, I don’t have the equipment, or the money, to take some of the pictures that other individuals do. Although, I like learning new things about my camera and practicing with new things, photography is not going to be my livelihood and so I need to just be okay with what I can shoot and what I do shoot and not worry about what anyone else is doing. I do not need to compete with anyone, I am not competing with anyone, it is just me.

With that said, that doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy taking pictures and won’t attempt to take good pictures or even do a few photo shoots (as long as I think I can pull it off) –although I don’t market myself since like I said, I don’t want to go into business for photography (at least I don’t think I want to, at least at this point in my life). It doesn’t mean that I won’t try something new when I find something cool.

Here is a before and after shot of another water drop that I took the other day. It turned out okay, but I don’t like it as much as I liked the first one that I posted the other day. I’ll probably try this again some time to see if I can get some more shots that are in focus. The one thing that bothers me about it is the shadow in the back because I had to use my on camera flash (because I don’t have an off camera flash). Even so, it’s probably something someone else would notice, but just look over. Like they would see it, but not really see it. It bothers me because I am my own worst critic. Always trying to improve, right? Isn’t that the goal?!

IMG_4677IMG_4677a

This week has been going pretty fast. The roads are much better yesterday than they were on Monday… still a little messy this morning on the side roads, but I suppose that that is expected. We are supposed to get some icy rain tonight, ugh!

I am sitting in my Practice Management class and we still have 40 minutes left of class! I cannot believe how SLOW this class goes! I am not getting ANYTHING out of it and it is making me so damn tired! I wish I could just pull out my book that I am currently reading and continue to work my way through it.

Alas, time will continue to move forward, at a snails pace… and I will have my last class of the day in which I will get my horrific test back from last week and it will continue to deteriorate my night. Haha!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: