Monday, May 23, 2011

Clinic, soccer, races, cub scouts and movies!!!

*I’ve been working on this post for almost a week so its about time I get this posted, eh?!

I started my summer clinical placement this past Monday. I am at a local Veterans Association and it is COMPLETELY a different atmosphere from my last placement. The supervisor is COMPLETELY different from my last one (although the basic stuff is always done pretty much the same) and so far I can say that I am really enjoying it. The first day I just pretty much sat back and observed how the supervisor did everything so I could get the hang of it and the second and third day I pretty much took over her schedule and she just supervises me (well she is my supervisor, haha). She is really great with answering my multitude of questions which is great, I love people like that because let me tell you, I usually have a ton of questions. It is just my nature. I have off today and tomorrow though because my supevisor had previously taken these days off. I suppose that it was a nice break in though, three days and then four days off. It looks like I might have at least every other Friday off as well.

I had my first day of NOT working out in I think it was like 18 days this past Tuesday. Oops! But it was for good reason. If I had wanted to work out on Tuesday, I would had to have gotten up at about 5:30am! That is just WAY too early for me right now. And I was gone from 7:30am until 9:30pm on Tuesday and that is just too late to work out if you ask me. I had a LONG day at clinic, but a good one, and then I rushed home to pick up my friend and her kids, my kiddo, and then we headed to our other friend's house for a girls/kids night. We were missing the fourth person of our bunch (insert sad face here), but we knew we HAD to get together. Reason being... Kristi is... MOVING AWAY! And not just down the road moving away, like 2+ hours moving away. Insert mega sad face here! We had a great few hours together catching up and having our girl talk like we always do and loving on Leah's twin baby girls, who by the way are just adorable, and getting SO big! Ah, I got my baby fix in!

The last two weekends have been super busy for us. Ayden has had soccer really early both Saturday mornings, like 8:30am. Bright and early, that’s for sure. Ayden loves soccer and I think it is a good sport for him to play.IMG_6477Oh no! Ayden let the ball get past him and into the goal! Good thing they were just practicing at this point! And that smile means he is having LOTS of fun!IMG_6484IMG_6496After soccer last week we had the Cub-A-Ree for Cub Scouts and Ayden to go play soccer with some Cub Scout friends, go on a nature hike, and learn about Wildlife Conservation. Here he is trying to get ‘home’ from third base!IMG_6515And it wouldn’t be a good kick without a little bit of Hoerth tongue action in there! It does take a lot of concentration to try and get a home run, everyone knows that!IMG_6518Here are some of the pretty tulips we have coming up at home that we planted this spring. They are super pretty and I think I might like them just as much as lilies… but definitely not more, hehe! I can’t wait for some of my lilies to bloom… we have like six different kinds now!IMG_6524Here are a few pictures from the races that we went to. We had lots of fun and will probably go again.IMG_6546IMG_6547IMG_6560IMG_6605And Cub Scouts graduation… lots of fun, despite the rain that came down pretty much ALL day!IMG_6613IMG_6617IMG_6624IMG_6635IMG_6654Okay, so I wanted to write a lot more about these fun activities, but I just can’t seem to sit down and finish this post the way that I know I should so I am just going to post it before it goes unfinished for another week and hope to get some sort of semblance of a normal post going in the next few days…

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: