Wednesday, September 14, 2011

{maurices is my friend}


Best part of this week so far... I went to the store Maurices today to look for a new pair of low heels for clinic and ended up trying on some dress pants and I ended up having to get a size 3/4 in the pants so that they would fit properly AND the size 3/4 was still a little bit loose. Yes, I know I am gloating, but come on people, I have NEVER been a size 3/4! Probably not since I was like 12 or 13 and maybe not even then! This working out thing is AWESOME! And, the scale read 115.0 yesterday! HA! Made my goal! SO happy and excited (even though I'm sure you are sick to death reading about my working out and weight loss). My blog, if you don't like it, don't read it. But keeping it realistic, the majority of my pants are still size 7... I put on a pair of size 7 jeans this morning and they fit perfectly. Not too tight or too loose, I can deal with size 7 pants. Besides, every different brand of pants has a little bit different sizing so really, being in a size 3/4 isn't that big of a deal because some of my pants are still a size 9 (albeit they are a little looser than they used to be).

I ended up finding a cute pair of shorter heels, two pair of dress pants, and two dress shirts that were on sale. Maurices tends to get me in trouble, hehe, its just as bad as Kohls, although I don't go there quite as often. I could have spent a lot more there, but I was trying to rein it in. And, I had lost my 20% off coupon for Kohls so I couldn't go there as well. I did have a coupon for Maurices and ended up saving almost $50 so that's good.

I had my first day of off campus clinic for this semester yesterday and it went really well. I think that I am really going to like it. My supervisor seems really cool and everyone there is really friendly too which is always really nice. I even got to see a couple of really cool cases on my first day which is probably the best part. Tomorrow Jay and I get to carpool together to work. Aw, so much fun, right?! But it is going to save us on gas money for at least one day a week so that is good! Anything that saves money is good!

We had Ayden's first cub scout meeting of the year yesterday and it went well. We get to the lovely job of selling popcorn again this year. They even let us taste test some of it this time and I fell in love with the Mud Puddles! I am not a big popcorn lover, but popcorn covered in chocolate, yum! We are definitely getting that kind, and probably two more kinds. I am kind of bummed that this will probably be Ayden's last year of cub scouts with this Pack. We decided that if we have to move away that we are definitely going to look into getting him into cub scouts wherever we end up, he likes it too much not to. Also, we are going to do all of the summer activities too with his current pack. They are going to spend the night at the Mall of America sleeping in the shark tube aquarium! Last year they slept with the Dinosaurs at the museum down in Chicago and we couldn't go because of a schedule conflict. Ayden is excited to go this year as he has become really close with all of his den members (and I've grown to love the leader and his family, they are great).

Today is my late night class. Being back in class is kind of weird. Seeing the campus full of students again is kind of weird. I need to write down all of the due dates that I need to remember before they start creeping up on me as they are bound to do. I don't really like getting home at 7pm at night... it means eating late and working out even later. I should have gotten up earlier this morning to workout. I even had my alarm set to get up, but when it went off, I reset it for an hour later. I was just too tired after a early and long day on Tuesday. So, I will end up working out later tonight. I picked up two new dvds yesterday to try. As I think I stated previously, the two P90X ones weren't really my favorite. I got a Biggest Loser one and a Tae-Bo one. I'm debating which one I want to try out tonight. I skipped working out last night since I got home, ate supper, and then we left for Ayden's meeting and didn't get back home until almost 8:00pm and by then I was just SO not in the mood to workout. Everyone has those kind of days, right?! Hope so!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: