Tuesday, September 18, 2012

{cold}

A year from this Friday Jay and I will be officially tying the knot... 365 days! Please, oh please, let the weather be warmer than it is today! Pretty please!

I am freezing today, literally freezing! I have a cami on, a t-shirt over the cami, and a light weight sweater and I STILL have goosebumps! And this is AFTER I have run my hands under warm water for a couple of minutes. I mean, my hands are kind of warm, but that is about it. And the bad mother in me let my son go to school in shorts this morning. At least I made him put a heavier jacket on. I don't think it's cold enough today for him to get sick with shorts on, but at least it will teach him that tomorrow he needs to wear pants. And maybe, just maybe, mom should be a little more aware of what clothes that he is putting on in the morning, haha!

But back to the wedding and the weather. Because we are getting married outside, I desperately need it to be warmer because friends, if you don't already know, I am FREEZING pretty much the majority of the time. And scatterbrain me thought that it would be warmer this late in September. Well, last weekend the weather was perfect. We need a nice 70 degree day with a lot of sunshine. PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE! Everyone say it with me... WARM WEATHER FOR ASHLEY AND JAY'S WEDDING! WARM WEATHER FOR ASHLEY AND JAY'S WEDDING! WARM WEATHER FOR ASHLEY AND JAY'S WEDDING! One more time WARM WEATHER FOR ASHLEY AND JAY'S WEDDING!

Ayden's teacher emailed me this morning about his reading. She tested him and according to the test that he was given, he is still a little bit behind grade level. She said that a lot of his little mistakes add up and I notice it too. He can read pretty fluently, but he tries to read fast to get it done faster and that is where the mistakes occur. I guess that he will qualify for extra help in the classroom with his teacher this year until he reaches the rest of his peers. That is good to know. I would rather him get the help than not, and I would rather him get it in the classroom than not as well because he really does not enjoy being pulled out of the class. I really think that this year is going to be a struggle for all of us. There is a lot more that both Jay and I need to be on top of school wise with Ayden to make sure that he is on top of his game and with both of us working full time and then with me having school on top of that, it is just one more thing that can get overlooked. But we will get it figured out and he will succeed!

I am officially over 1/4 of the way through my externship. Time truly flies!

I have some hefty goals for myself tonight since I sort of blew them off last night. I am still editing pictures from a wedding I photographed two weeks ago. It takes time. I definitely could have been done by now if I were not working full time, have a class on top of it, fitting in working out, and then fitting in family time (not to mention everything else that we have going on), but it is taking time. I also feel that I should not be pressured to get these pictures done super fast because I know that those who photograph weddings as a profession often do not have their clients pictures done for upwards of two months. I figure, two weeks to a month is a great time frame. And really, I do not need to answer to anyone. Anyways, I had a set amount of photos I wanted to get done each night this week and last night I was just too tired. Tonight I hope to get last nights photos done, tonight's photos (which will probably take about an hour or so), do some homework, do my workout, and fold three loads of laundry. If I am able to get home by 5:30, I should be able to accomplish that all by 8:30, or so I'm hoping. Pictures an hour, clothes hopefully less than a hour, workout 45 min'ish', homework maybe 30 minutes.

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: