Sunday, September 23, 2012

{it ain't rocket science}

*Disclaimer: I am totally going to own this post and quite possibly gloat more than you'd like, but hey, I'm feeling like it's my kind of night and I just sort of might deserve it. Can't say I didn't warn you.*

Before I get to the awesome part of this post, I want to recap a bit about my weekend. I got home from work on Friday night and was feeling pretty bushed. It wasn't a super rough day at clinic and I got to see some pretty awesome patients. I did a few hearing aid fittings, which I love, and overall, had a pretty great day. I didn't even get home too late. Once home, I had the house to myself for a while, since my boys were gone helping to set up for the following day's golf outing. They got home right around 7pm and left about five minutes after walking in the door to go to the football game. Me... I decided to stay home because it was a little too cold and rainy outside for me. As my guys were rushing in and out of the house, I was getting ready to work out. Previously in the night I had resigned myself to the fact that I wasn't going to work out... it was too cold for a run, I probably shouldn't run that many days in a row anyways, and just didn't want to do anything in the house. I was tired and being lazy.

But, I knew that once I got up to work out I would feel better. So... I busted out 35 minutes of strength training and felt SO much better. Like the title of my post, it isn't rocket science... if you want energy and to feel good, working out is definitely going to give you that. I know that. It was just a matter of getting my lazy butt up and off of the couch. After working out, I folded and put away three heaping baskets of laundry (shh, don't tell anyone that I have two more from today in the basement again). Halfway through that, Jay, Ayden, JT (Jay's friend from Minnesota... also going to be his best man at our wedding), Jay's parents, and Jay's brother, come barging into the house drenched from the rain. Perks of living behind the football field, can watch it from our living room on nights like that. I finished putting the clothes away and retreated to the bedroom to relax. I ended up sleeping like crap Friday night. Don't know why...

Had good intentions of getting up early on Saturday to get a run in before the golf outing, but dang, it was too cold and I wanted to sleep in a little bit. I slept until 6:45 and then Ayden and I got up and headed out for the golf outing. My bestie, Niki, and I sat on hole 9 and took team pictures throughout the outing. It was a great time. I had fun catching up with Niki and taking pictures and seeing all of the teams go through. I froze for the majority of the day, even with all of the layers that I was wearing, but still had a good time. Afterwards, I went home for a bit to get warm, relax, and escape the throes of people. I just needed a bit of down time to be honest. Still an introvert at heart. Jay, Ayden, and JT stopped at home to change and we headed out to a surprise birthday party for a little while and then off to a different party.

I was finally able to see the potential place for our wedding this past weekend. I could see the vision in my head, but then again, I couldn't. Yes, I am sure that we could make it work... but I don't want people to think that this is just some crazy party. Yes, I am not the traditional person who wants a traditional wedding, but it is still a WEDDING and not just a party. I want things to look nice. I want decorations. I want a wedding feel. Do I want a black tie affair... no, but I don't want this to just be a bon fire, bag throwing, poker playing party either. It is our wedding. So, I think that Jay and I need to talk about it a little more and see what we come up with.

Today was pretty low key. Slept in... had a photo shoot this morning. Also, did some homework, edited some more pictures. We went out for pizza for lunch. It was kind of funny because the last time we went out for pizza with JT was when we were broken down in Milwaukee on our way to a Brewer's game. This time I wouldn't let him pay the bill. JT left shortly after we got back from pizza... I mean, he did have a 6 hour drive ahead of him. It was nice to see him again. I know that every time him and Jay get together they have a good time. I wish that we all lived closer to each other than we do. JT is a great guy... gets along with Ayden well, fits right in with just about everyone.

I ended up taking a nap this afternoon for a little while... then we went and got ice cream from the local ice cream shop in town. Didn't watch what I ate at all today. Greasy pizza and a death by chocolate shake! YUMMY! And once again had no intention of working out. I knew that I should, but didn't really want to. Well, after we got home from getting the ice cream, Jay told me that I should just go because I was complaining about knowing I should go, but not wanting to because it was cooler out. I took his advice before I could get comfy on the couch again and laced up my kick ass shoes and headed out for Week 4 Day 2 of my Couch to 5K program. I was taking today kind of slow and was feeling pretty good. I was just finishing up my last running segment of the 5 minute run and was about to start the cool down when I decided to just keep running and see how long I could go. At about the five minute mark I had run half a mile without stopping (mind you, this is 20 minutes in, with a five minute walk warm up, 3 min jog, 1.5 min walk, 5 min jog, 3 min walk, 3 min jog, 1.5 min walk, and then the 5 min job I mentioned previously). So... I just kept running, and running, and running... and friends, I ran a whole mile without stopping. A whole mile after already 20 minutes, WITHOUT STOPPING! Yes, this is where I gloat. A WHOLE MILE! I haven't run a mile since high school, over 10 years ago, and that was definitely with having to walk, and even though I was slightly winded after the mile, I probably could have kept going!

I felt amazing! I still feel amazing! It's like I was a completely different person! I never thought I could do that and previously had questioned my ability to run the 5K I signed up for and here today I ran a mile! It renewed me! I very well know that my next run might not go as smoothly, but running for 10 minutes straight without stopping felt great! Slow and steady! Makes me want it even more, that's for sure!

Now... now... I am going to go crawl into bed and dream about rocking my first ever 5K in a couple of weeks!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: