Wednesday, January 9, 2013

{continuing to mend}


Still taking things slow in this neck of the woods. I'm feeling almost back to normal, but the last time I said that I took a turn for the worse and ended up getting sicker. I am still tired/weak when I try and act like I am back to normal and rushing around doing things, but each day is a little better than the last. As long as I continue to take things slow, I do well. Instead of feeling sickness pain, I am feeling a little bit of back pain and some jaw pain. Don't know what caused either of those, but they are more annoying than anything. Like a crick in my back and some tightness in my jaw. Oh well.

I ventured back to work yesterday for the first time in two weeks and it went well. It helped that despite having a full schedule, the patients were not very demanding. I really tried not to push myself because I didn't want to have to leave and go home early. I think it helped mucho that our day wasn't too busy so I didn't have to push myself too hard. It was nice to get back into the groove of things. I literally had over two weeks off (you know, minus the two days that I tried to go to work). But it is definitely nice to have an employer who cares about your well being.

I am really itching to get running again, but I know that I shouldn't and so I won't. I may consider trying on Thursday or Friday again. Or maybe not. I want to SO bad. I was in such a good groove of working out, but I don't want to push too hard and then end up back sliding, getting sick again, and missing even more. The weather is supposed to be pretty nice all week and that means melting snow off of the sidewalks and clearer running pathways so it is hard not to want to get out and go. I didn't realize just how much I would miss it until I wasn't able to do it anymore. It was such a stress reliever for me.

Last night I ended up getting home and then just crashing. I sat down on the couch, ate a little bit of supper, and then was in bed at 7pm. I know, laugh, but I was beat. I wanted to watch the second episode of The Biggest Loser, but I was asleep within the first half hour. Needed some good solid sleep to help continue to heal my body. I haven't watched The Biggest Loser for a number of seasons now, but I am slowly getting hooked on this season. It helps that Jillian Michaels is back and I have a secret love affair with her. She may be a crazy biotch sometimes, but I love her workouts and her mentality. Plus, this is one of the first seasons that I can watch and not feel guilty because I know that I am also working out with the contestants. Okay, so not quite working out right now, but you know, I was before this whole getting sick thing.

I am excited for this weekend. It is Jay's extended family Christmas gathering. I am excited to see all of his family again because we always have such a good time together... plus it has been a few months since we've seen everyone and I miss them.

I am about ready for the week to be over though. I think I'll probably end up crawling into bed pretty early again tonight. No skin off my back.

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: