Monday, January 28, 2013

{two hour delay}

It is Monday morning, 8am, and I am still at home. No, I do not have the day off. No, little man is not still sick (well he is still kind of congested and sniffing the snot up instead of blowing it out which leads to it going down his throat and leads too coughing, but not sick enough to keep home from school). So then why am I still home on this Monday morning?! The weather.

Little man does have a two hour delay for school and thus I am home with him until school starts. I could have dropped Ayden off at my dad's house per usual, as his wife had already called in to work to stay home with Alexis for the two hour delay, but I decided not to. Jay called me this morning after he got to work and informed me that the roads were not very pretty yet and since I do have a 45 minute drive to work and not just a 5 minute drive, I decided to play it safe and just stay home for a few extra hours. My boss/supervisor is extremely understanding in cases like this. I'm pretty sure she'd rather have me alive and safe versus in a ditch somewhere.

We had a good weekend here at our house. I went shopping with my sister and cousins for bridesmaid dresses and we found the ones. Yes, I said ones. My sister will be wearing one and my cousins another... same designer though so same color. I love them both and cannot wait. Sort of got me into wedding planning mode again, sort of. I've been very anti wedding planning lately just because it is so much to think about and I'm really not wanting the stress right now. I know I need to be semi planning and what not, but at this point I just want to be married. If I could afford it, I'd pay someone to make all of the decisions for me so I could just show up and have fun, haha!

After getting home Saturday afternoon, Ayden and I hung out together playing some Wii bowling. Then Ayden proceeded to watch the last 1/3 of the last Transformer movie about four times while reenacting it with his own legos. It was definitely a site to see! Too cute! I watched maybe the first two times before needing to do something else, haha!

Sunday was our semi lazy day. We all slept in and then did some grocery shopping and menu planning for the week. Our biggest problem every night is figuring out what to make for supper. It is definitely nice to have this week planned out already! I don't know why we don't do this more often! I had wanted to get in a run outside yesterday because the weather was warmer, but I've become such a wimp with the cold weather running right now. So I kept pushing the run off until later and finally asked my dad if I could use his treadmill. He's been awesome lately with letting me use it! I've also figured out that I can watch TV shows on my tablet while running so I've been watching old episodes of Beverly Hills 90210 while getting my run on. That show mostly because it was the first one that didn't stop to rebuffer every five seconds or just stop working, plus I like it. It definitely helps make the run go faster! Yesterday I pounded out a semi slow 7 miles in one hour and 20 minutes. A slower pace than I am used to running, at least while outside. It felt good, really good. It was my longest run since before Christmas and I was pretty damn proud.

After my run, I brought Alexis back home with me to play with Ayden for a couple of hours. They enjoyed running around together for a little while. And before everyone knew it, it was time for bed and another week to start (with crappy icy roads)!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: