Thursday, January 17, 2013

{thursday ramblings}


Wednesday

Remember in my last post when I wanted to do RI30 (Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30) every day during the week and then the next day I had decided that I would do it only on the days when I did a short run... well yeah, that has changed again. I thought, really thought, about running yesterday, but I didn't. I didn't really have the ambition to and then I found out that Ayden didn't go to wrestling practice with Jay so I had to pick him up from my dad's house after work, so there really went my running time. Instead of running though (since I am making an effort to workout out at least 5-6 days a week again after being sick), I decided to pop in RI30 and start over with that. I had also mentioned that I want to build up my muscles again.

I am watching this seasons of The Biggest Loser... mostly because Jillian came back. I may or may not have a not so secret crush on her. Anyways, while watching it on Monday, I totally thought, I could put up with her as my trainer and yelling at me. Yes, the workouts would be hard and grueling, but I could make it through. Um yeah, then I popped in that DVD last night and thought again. I have done RI30 many times now, so I knew the workout and thought I knew what was coming. I mean, really, it is a 20 minute workout, who can't do that?! What I failed to remember since I haven't done them in probably two months was just how grueling and hard that 20 minutes can be! Like seriously, it was hard. I may not have been dripping in sweat when I was done (I'm not THAT out of shape), but I was totally glistening in sweat. It was a good workout, even if it was only 20 minutes.

The plan for tonight is to get outside and run. It is supposed to be one of the warmest days in the next week and I miss running outside. I'd like to get another good five mile run in, but we'll see how my body is holding up. My legs are kind of sore right now. I just need to get out and stretch my legs. Running on the 'shredmill' is never the same, although during this time of the year it is definitely warmer and I have been pretty cold lately and we all know that I hate being cold... like REALLY hate it!

Life in general, otherwise, continues to be smooth sailing. Remember (once again) how I had mentioned in probably lots of previous posts, life seems to ebb and flow... right now, I'm doing some flowing. Trying to maintain a positive attitude through most days in life. Of course, that is not to say that life doesn't have it's piss ass moments either because it most certainly does and I most certainly let those around me know when I'm having a not so good day, well most of the time anyways.

Thursday

Wimped out last night. Didn't run outside. Stuck to the 'shred'mill. Wimped out on the five miles too. Only did four. I mean, four is better than three, or two, or one, or none, right?! Someone tell me that I am right because I was definitely feeling guilty about only doing four and not five, but I just couldn't pound out another one as much as I wanted to. My body is still pretty sore, particularly my legs. I'm thinking Jillian tonight, but I am not going to make any promises, haha! I could definitely use a night off even though I technically shouldn't take one off.

Criminal Minds was new last night and the ending totally SUCKED! I was texting my mom throughout the show and we could not believe how it was playing out. I am still keeping hope alive that the ending will sort of change come next week because really, how could they end it like they did... I refuse to believe it! If you watch Criminal Minds and saw last nights episode, you know what I am talking about, if not, then this paragraph probably makes absolutely no sense to you whatsoever, haha!

With that...

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: