Wednesday, January 30, 2013

{snow day}

At home again with little man, again because of no school, although today is an entire day off. I probably could have found someone to watch him while I went to work, but I am sitting in the living room looking outside and am glad I didn't even try going in this morning. First, because it just looks miserable outside. Second, it probably would have taken me twice as long to get there. Third, even if I did happen to make it safely there, my boss probably would have scolded me for attempting to come in this weather and then sent me back home. Hehe, love her! Honestly, if I were actually getting paid to go to work, I may have made more of an attempt to go, but I'm not. I'm still a student and have plenty of hours already clocked, so I'm not worried about missing. There were four patients on the schedule for today, two of which were just pick ups of repairs/ear molds, and given the weather, I'm almost certain one or more of the appointments were probably cancelled by the patient. I work with the elderly, they do not like to drive in this weather even more than I don't like it! And really, at this point, like I said, since I am not getting paid, my safety comes first, especially when it is a 45 minute drive there on a GOOD day! I have a friend who had to drive over in that area this morning for school (she was already pretty close because of where she works) and she mentioned to me that she saw three accidents on the highway stretch I drive in just the span of ten miles. If I only had to drive ten minutes, then I probably would have attempted to find a sitter for Ayden and gone on in. Call me a winter driving wimp, I don't care. I openly admit that I am a winter driving wimp. I can't stand it. Plus, I have a small car, a small car that doesn't handle well in winter driving.

That said, the little man and I are enjoying a day at home. I had thought about going out sledding on the hill behind our house since I don't actually have to drive anywhere, but the wind is kind of wicked, so I don't know yet. I'd almost rather be at work because it would give me something to do. Sitting at home all day and all I want to do is eat because I'm bored. Maybe I should be working on some wedding planning stuff, hehe!

Speaking of weather... we had some great weather yesterday. Well, not great because it essentially rained all day long, but the temperature was great... it reached almost 50 degrees here in WISCONSIN in JANUARY! That is almost unheard of it. So, inspite of the rain, I knew I was getting outside for a run. We won't have that kind of warm weather again for probably another couple of weeks and now that we are getting another 8 inches of snow, who knows when the sidewalks will be good again. We have a lake in our front yard right now from all of the rain and melting snow yesterday. Maybe it will turn into a nice little skating pond for us with the cold weather that is coming, haha! Can't winter just be over with already?! I am very sick of it! At least we are hopefully on the down hill stretch of it. February is starting this weekend!

My run last night went pretty well even in the rain. I only did three miles as it was raining pretty good by the time I was halfway done and didn't think I should push my luck being outside in the rain for another half hour. It just felt good to be outside. I am planning on trying hot yoga on Friday with Victoria. The first session is free so should I not like it, I won't be out anything! And going with someone I know will help! I have never done yoga so we'll see how it goes. Victoria and I also have plans for a coffee date on Sunday, much needed girl time! I wish the weather would be warmer so we could go for one of our walks... but walking in 20 degree weather is cold. Running in it is cold, walking is colder. Soon... soon... it will be warmer!

Victoria and I are also doing another 5K together. Well, actually our first since I couldn't make the last one due to being deathly ill, okay, not deathly, but it sure felt like it. We are going to make matching shirts! I can't wait! Plus, since this one is at the end of February, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be warmer. Knock on wood, since I probably just jinxed myself!

I know I've mentioned it before, but having Victoria working out now and being healthy has been great. It is so nice to have someone who gets it. Well actually I have 7000+ someones who get it at Fit Camp, but someone that is near and that I was already besties with. I wrote up a Fab Feb Fitness calendar for us each to do everyday and to have someone hold me accountable is great! I've done over 100 push ups/squats/sit ups in the last five days all because I have someone who I know is waiting for me to tell her that I've gotten it done, who is behind me 100%! Love ya chica! Jay may love Chilton because it's 'home' and close to family... I love it because you're right down the road again! Come this summer, we will be running together again and not just around the track!

As for the rest of this week, other than the hot yoga, I'm hoping to get at least one more run in... tomorrow night and probably on the 'shred'mill... hoping for 5 or 6 miles. And after hot yoga on Friday I'm planning on taking little man and Alexis swimming. This weekend, it's bowling for Ayden in the morning on Saturday and bowling for Jay and me on Saturday night, and mommy date on Sunday, with maybe a run on one of those days too. We shall see...

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: