Monday, February 11, 2013

{not THAT weekend}


Either Jay read my blog (which I highly doubt, but wouldn't totally cross it off because I know he has in the past), or he's not as much of a self absorbed ass (totally kidding, he's not) party/drinker as I thought he would be because he didn't actually stay out very late any of the nights this weekend. Maybe he is just getting old and can't handle it anymore, haha!

After shopping with my mom on Saturday afternoon, Ayden and I headed over to Victoria's house for supper and dominos. She had her brother and sister over and knew that Ayden and I had nothing going on, so she invited us along as well. It works great because she lives just across town! Also, her nephew is in Ayden's class so I knew that he would have fun playing with the kids and I could get some adult time. Plus, Jay wasn't at home, nor did I expect him home at any reasonable time. Turned out, just as Ayden and I were leaving Victoria's, Jay called me and said that they were home (at the super late hour of 8:30pm) and that they were going to go bowling. The boys, Jay, JT, Ayden, and Jay's brother ended up going bowling with my brother and two of his friends. Me, I stayed home, went to bed and relaxed.

Sunday was more alone time while the guys went out fishing in the morning. Victoria and Parker stopped over to make some shirts for our next run together. I am super excited about that and the shirts turned out awesome! They are currently still drying on my office room floor. I fully expected that Jay and JT would not get home until late on Sunday night because neither of them had to work on Monday; however, I was wrong. Despite the fact that fishing was over at noon, they still made it home at the reasonable time of 4pm. Before calling it a night, JT wanted to check out a bowling ball pro shopping in Appleton and because they were conveniently headed to a bowling alley, why not play a few games. I wasn't going to go along, but I knew they would be gone for supper, which meant that they would be going out to eat, and I didn't feel like cooking for myself at home, so I joined them. The guys and the little man played three games of bowling, while I sat and watched and then we all went to Hu Hot for supper. It was SO yummy and I restrained myself from getting a second plate. It was after 8pm by the time we got home and Ayden and I were drained so we headed right to bed and both of us slept great. I know that Jay joined me shortly after we got home and I'm thinking JT fell asleep soon there after too as none of us made it through the 9pm show we were watching, haha!

Jay and JT went fishing again this morning and Ayden had a two hour delay because of icy road conditions. Me... I headed into work on time. I left work early last Thursday because of the weather and stayed home Friday because of shitty roads, but I chanced it today and was glad that I did because even though our driveway is glare ice, the roads were okay driving in. Definitely not perfect, but driveable... even for me, haha! My dad has off for the week, so Jay was able to drop Ayden off at his house before he headed out for fishing and my dad dropped Ayden off at school with Alexis. JT leaves today and may or may not be joining us again next weekend for some more fishing. We shall see...

Ayden and I don't have too many plans for next weekend right now and I'm kind of looking forward to it. Despite enjoying this weekend and adding in things to keep myself busy while Jay was busy, I didn't get a lot of relaxing down time and I am kind of looking forward to that. Little man will have bowling on Saturday morning, but that is it. Jay and I are supposed to bowl on Saturday night; however, he will be gone for a wrestling tournament. I am SO looking forward to the end of that because I feel like I have been way more than supportive of him being gone. He made the comment to me that his mom has dealt with it for however many years that his dad has been a coach, but I reminded him that his mom doesn't have any kids at home so that when his dad is gone, she gets alone time. I don't get alone time, I get to be the single mommy and doing everything. Not that taking care of my 8 1/2 year old child is in any way shape or form THAT hard, but he's gone getting to do something he enjoys and he's not getting paid for it. If he were getting paid, it'd be a different story, but he's not. In any case, I'm so over the wrestling season and unfortunately, just as it ends, Jay will most likely have to start working overtime again and although he'll get paid for that, he is even more tired and even less help around the house. Speaking of him being gone all day Saturday, he will also be gone all day tomorrow at a tournament, not getting home until midnight or later most likely. Oh well, I need to stop complaining, haha! (Like that is ever going to happen!)

And, should JT join us next weekend, Jay will be gone all day Sunday too. Wait, you haven't heard about the following two weekends either... because the weekend after next is state wrestling which means Jay is gone from Thursday through Sunday, and then the weekend after that is team state wrestling and should the team win tomorrow night, they will be going there which means another Saturday down the shit hole. And if it isn't team state, it is the little kids wrestling tournament in town that he will be at. Yes, I'm just about bitter now. So we are talking halfway into March before I get a weekend home alone with my honey with no plans. I think that calls for an almost bitter moment.

On the fitness band wagon... I have not worked out since Thursday at hot yoga. Oops. Well, I take that back because I have been doing my February challenge with Victoria, but that is not sweat inducing working out. I have already made up a March challenge for us! That is the one thing that I have been able to stay on top of. I am ready to hit the gym tonight and get in a good run on the treadmill. Cannot wait. I hoping for a good long run because my legs need it. My half is slowly going to creep up on me in April and I am not going to be ready for it. I need to kick my butt into training mode again. I am totally able to run four or five miles pretty easily, but isn't going to get me to finish the race! Time to kick it into gear! Push out those extra miles! And it starts today. It definitely sucks with the weather that we have been having because I haven't been able to get in my good outdoor long runs. I am hoping that we start to warm up a little bit here in February (oh, who am I kidding, we've gotten two huge snow storms in just the last two weeks alone) and then into March and April I can really get back into my outdoor training!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: