Sunday, February 3, 2013

{hot yoga, swimming, and bestie date}

The rest of my week went rather well. Clinic went smoothly and I was looking forward to the weekend, well, I mean, who doesn't look forward to the weekend?!?! I got a good four mile run in on Thursday night.

Friday night was pretty busy.

Got done with work and headed home. I had good intentions of heading to hot yoga with Victoria. I got home just in time to quickly change, shoot on over to Victoria's place to pick her up and get back to the place where hot yoga was going to happen. Neither Vic nor I had done yoga before (other than me trying it on a workout DVD once and giving up after about 5 minutes because it was SO boring). We both had kind of googled hot yoga beforehand so we kind of knew what we were getting ourselves into. What we were both looking forward to the most was the hot room. The weather has been so cold, so anything warm is up my alley!

The instructor of the class (and all of the other particpants) were SO welcoming! It was the most relaxing, yet booty kicking, thing I've ever done workout wise! I don't know if it was the setting, the warm room, the instructor, or my mind set, but this was SO much better than when I had tried it at home. It really was about me and not being perfect. I walked out of there feeling SO relaxed and at peace. This is definitely something I will be going back to again! I'd love to make it a Friday night routine as at the end of the week it is something that I really need. Although, since this Friday night we have something going on, I might have to hit it up on Thursday night.

After yoga, I zoomed home to pick up Alexis and Ayden and take them swimming. We swam (in cold water, I wish they would warm the pool water up some) for about 45 minutes and then headed home. That was the extent of my night, but Ayden, Jay, and my brother, Casey, went bowling after that. Me, I zonked out in bed!

Yesterday, Ayden had bowling in the morning, of which he did pretty well. We kind of chilled for the rest of the day and then Jay and I had bowling at night. I was SO not in the mood to go and was really being a bitch about having to go, but (and I hate to admit this) I did end up having more than a halfway decent time. Haha! Don't tell Jay! No working out yesterday and ate like crap, but that's okay sometimes! I just need to work on that.

Today... no big working out today, but I did get my 25's in (twice to make up for totally skipping on it yesterday). And if your not Vic, you probably won't understand that. Sorry! I think I mentioned that we are doing a challenge through February with doing 25 sit ups, push ups, and squats and increasing slightly each week.

We did do some grocery shopping today and did menu plan for the second week in a row. We ran into just about everyone we knew while shopping this morning. It was rather amusing. The joys of living in a small town, right?! Then I met up with Vic for a bestie gab session. We met at a local coffee shop and chatted for about an hour. Then since the shop was about to close we headed to Walmart to pick out our stuff for our custom shirts for our next race. I can't wait because we have an awesome idea for both us and and our kiddos!

I'll have to do a picture post soon!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: