Tuesday, February 26, 2013

{busy beavers go go go}

The little man and I were alone for the weekend while Jay was away for some wrestling thing. It was just him and I from Thursday thru Sunday... we did alright, haha! We have a good routine down, just the two of us, so the four days went pretty fast.

Thursday was a typical day at work and school for both of us. We were supposed to get some snow Thursday night, so both of our hopes were up that we would have a stay home day on Friday. Turns out, we did. (Although, if you ask me, all they really needed was a two hour delay.) Because Ayden didn't have school and I wasn't risking the drive to work, I told my dad that Alexis could spend the day at our house and then sleep over night if she wanted. Of course she wanted, so it was the little man, the little lady, and myself from Friday morning through Saturday afternoon. We all had a good time! The kids played good together for most of Friday. We ventured out to Walmart just after lunch and I bought myself a book. I've been dying to read a good book lately, but know that with my busy schedule it would probably be another weeks before I could fit one in, but then decided I needed one right now. You know, just NEEDED one! I haven't read a book in a good couple of months so, one was calling my name. I got the book Safe Haven. I could totally have downloaded it onto my Kindle, but sometimes you just need the feel of a good book in your hands.

I got that book because I want to see the movie and I knew the movie was based off the book and lets be honest here, have you ever read a book and then seen the movie and thought, wow, that movie blew the book out of the water. Um, not so much! At least not me. I always like the book better than the movie. In any case, I finished the book by Sunday. It was a good book and now I can't wait to go see the movie. I gave my mom the book and told her that she had to read it and then we could see the movie together.

I was going to take the kiddos swimming on Friday night; however, because school was cancelled, the pool was not open. They forgave me, we came home and they built a fort in the living room and slept in the fort Friday night. I didn't get to hit up hot yoga on Friday because I had the kids, but I did so some yoga/stretching on Friday morning before Ayden got up and Alexis came over. (Apparently after getting up at 5:45 am for almost a year, your body doesn't like to let you sleep in any later than like 6:30 am.) Anyways, I popped in my Turbo Fire Stretch 40 DVD of which I had tried exactly one time for about 10 minutes when I first got it and then stopped because it was too slow and boring for me and did some yoga. Most of the Turbo Fire moves were ones that I had learned in hot yoga and honestly this time around, I am ready for the slow yoga and stretches. It definitely does a body good. I didn't realize how much good until starting hot yoga. I am hoping that Victoria and I can hit up hot yoga this Friday though.

On Saturday morning I had a photoshoot with two little guys at the house that went very well. Please feel free to hop on over to the photography blog to check out a sneak peak of their session. If you are friends with me on Facebook and/or like my Facebook photography page, Frozen Moments Photography, you may or may not have already seen these. I think they turned out super cute!

The kids behaved really well while I had the photoshoot and afterwards we had lunch and then went bowling. Both Ayden and I had to make up games for league and Alexis likes to bowl too, so we all had a good time. Ayden did pretty good for his scores. He has now started to bowl without bumpers and is doing amazingly well! I love that he found something that he enjoys so much! Me... well I rocked my first game with a score of 158! That is amazeballs for me and I'm not quite sure how I ended up doing so well and then I bombed the next two with more average scores for me... just under 100. Bowling is definitely not my thing as far as doing well in, haha! But we had a good time. After bowling I dropped Alexis off at her house and Ayden and I headed home to chill for a little while.

Originally we had no plans for Saturday night until I saw a friend on Facebook say that she was going to go snowshoeing at a local Nature Center in town Saturday night. I had previously heard about this event from my boss at work but had forgotten about it. I was glad to be reminded (Thanks Sarah!) and asked Ayden if he wanted to go with me. Neither of us had been snow shoeing before and snow shoeing at night sounded fun. Plus, the weather wasn't extremely bitterly cold either. I quickly texted Victoria to see if her and Parker had any plans and whether or not they wanted to join us as well. They did. Have I mentioned how awesome it is that we can just get together at the spur of the moment and have a blast, kiddos included! We had a great time and the kids continued to talk about how much fun they had the day after! It was definitely a good work out, but I'm not going to lie, I was cold and done by the end, haha! There was quite the turnout though, probably 20-30 people. I was expecting much less, but I'm glad there were so many. And Ayden and Parker were not the only kids so that was good too. I was worried that we would be walking too fast for them to keep up, but they were both rock stars!20130223_185747Sunday was mine and Victoria's 5K for February. It went great! My mom came by to watch the little man for me and Victoria and I headed off for our second race together. The weather was semi okay (not super cold, but not super warm either) and we got a really good parking spot. This was the first annual race for this particular 5K, so there were only about 120 runners. The gun went off and and then so were we! Because I've been running inside for the last couple of months, I forgotten how much I enjoy running outside (when it isn't below freezing). The run went smoothly and I had an average pace of about 10 min/mile which was pretty good for me. I was at the finish line cheering Victoria on as she came into finish! She did awesome and beat her time from her last race by over a minute! SO proud of her! Our next race is in a few weeks and I am hoping for a little warmer weather. I am going to attempt the 17K option instead of the 5K option, so that means a few long runs are in my future as preparation. I figure what better to help me prepare for my half marathon in April than a 10 mile run in March!

Here are Victoria and I after the race! Rockstars, yes we were!20130224_094640Here we are post race with the t-shirts that we made to wear. However, we neglected to realize that puffy paint on top of an iron on will not stick, thus some missing letters and us not wearing them. However, I wanted to get a picture of us together with them! 20130224_095838And because we are cool (ie: my bestie puts up with me wanting to take crazy pictures with her) here is a picture of us at Parker’s birthday party in matching card glasses and our matching sweatshirts from the race. Stunning, right!20130224_161100The rest of Sunday was spent just chilling out at home with Ayden. And because I am currently obsessed with my arms, here is a picture of my awesome biceps. They are currently my favorite part of my body. They may not be huge (yet), but there is definitely some definition there and I love it! 20130225_201616CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: