Thursday, June 3, 2010

Hot Air Balloon Festival and Riverfront Rendezvous!

I've effectively added two more things to our already busy summer schedule! Well, I'd like to add three because I would like to take Ayden to Bay Beach as well, since its like mega cheap and fun! He's been there before, however never with Jay and myself so I'd like to do that. However, haven't quite decided when we are going to fit that in. That, and Jay and I would really like to go to Great America again since we haven't been in a couple of years and we used to go every year. I love me some roller coasters!!! Especially the ones with all of the twists and turns! Its the waiting in line that sucks dramatically! But we've always had a fun time when we went!

I can't wait for July to come! The first two weekends are when the 'events' happen that I've added to our schedule. Not only do my cousin and I get to shoot our first weekend, but its 4th of July weekend and then the hot air balloon festival! Riverfront Rendezvous is 4th of July weekend and this year the band that is coming that I want to see is Love and Theft and get this... ITS FREE!wwo_album_artLast year it was Trent Tomlinson and he was pretty good, but Love and Theft has this great song out now, Dancing in Circles, that I really really like and to get to see them in person and for free is going to be awesome! Plus, this year we will know how to get even better spots than last year. I got so excited when I found that out. And then its fireworks on Sunday night. We might even get Jay's parents to bring the boat up so we can watch them on the river! That would be cool!

And then the next weekend is the hot air balloon festival in Wausau. I've never been to it before, but it looks like a lot of fun! I've never seen a hot air balloon in person and to be able to see a whole lot of them being blown up and then launched into the air is going to be really cool, or at least I hope so! I'm excited for it, even if Jay or Ayden aren't, lol! Well, Ayden doesn't know about it yet, but that's okay. katieWBRsatmorn_001katieWBRsatnight_036

Speaking of my pride and joy, he went on a field trip yesterday. They went to the Appleton Children's Museum. For most of the kids, its probably something new, however Ayden's been there at least two or three times already. It is definitely a fun place and I know that he had a great day with his friends. He got to show them all of the cool things to do! I wish I could have gone along, however with me cutting my work hours next week because Ayden will no longer be in school, I need to work what I can this week. Only two more days after today and my baby will be in the first grade. How did that happen?!?!

He's finally in a 'big boy' bed now. Okay, so he's been in a 'big boy' bed for the last almost two years, meaning a twin size bed, however, at our old place he had gates on both sides of his bed because the bed was not against a wall so really it was a 'big boy crib' so he wouldn't fall out. It wouldn't have been such a big deal, but his bed has two rows of drawers beneath it which means that it sits higher off the ground than your normal bed. Ayden needed a stool to even get into it. Then when we moved to our current place, we put his bed against the wall on one side and only needed on gate. Paranoid momma still didn't want him rolling to the floor. I mean, thats a big drop! It'd hurt! But in order to save the curtain rod that holds his curtains up, we decided to rearrange his room this past weekend and in the process of doing so, we decided to not put his gate back on his bed. It's been a little nerve wracking for me since I really don't want him to fall out of bed, but two of the three nights its been like that have been good. The third night, he ended up sleeping on the floor (his choice). He was having trouble falling asleep so he asked if he could sleep on the floor in his sleeping bag and I didn't care.

I dyed my hair last night. Actually... Jay dyed it for me. Isn't he so nice?! And I love how it turned out. Its probably one of the better times that my hair has turned out after using a box. Haha! I love changing my hair. I think I did a post on all of the different colors and hair styles that I've had. I’m currently trying to grow my hair out again, but it grows so slow that I will probably get impatient with it before it gets anywhere near as long as I would like it. Here are some pictures of me from today with my new hair color. Well the first one is what it looked like before coloring it and the second two are the ones with the new color. I thought it was a pretty big change, however no one at work noticed today so maybe it wasn’t. Or maybe they just don’t pay that much attention to my hair, lol!IMG_5604 IMG_6956IMG_6958After Jay got home from work today we headed to the driving range again so him and Ayden could hit some golf balls. Ayden did pretty well again. This time I left my camera at home. And then we went to Applebee’s for supper because Jay had gotten a gift card to it for graduation. None of us had been before and I was pleasantly surprised. The food was really really good and fairly priced. I was expecting it to cost a little more. Ayden and I even got dessert… triple chocolate meltdown and it was SO SO SO yummy! I even have leftovers for tomorrow for my lunch. Yummy! He’s got another gift card to Olive Garden, but we don’t have any of those in town so we might have to wait a little while to use that one.

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: