Saturday, June 26, 2010

Just came to me!

Remember how in one of my last posts I had mentioned something about wanting some professional family pictures taken of my family, yet not having the money to pay the hundreds and hundreds of dollars it is bound to cost to actually have a professional take them?! Nope… well then pretend you do, haha!

Anyways, the other weekend one of Ayden’s old daycare teachers (not the one that I’m taking pictures for in August), but a different one, whom I also had in a class a few years ago and have as a friend on facebook got married. Some of the pictures were posted by their photographer and I checked out her fan page and really liked some of the other pictures she had taken. Well, I took the initiative and emailed her and asked if she would ever consider doing family/engagement type pictures and what she would charge. Turns out that she isn’t in business yet, but would like to be someday and that at this point she is slowly building her portfolio. She said she would love to take some pictures for my family and she would only charge us for travel costs (she is from the Oshkosh area) to Point and would give us a cd with all of the edited pictures on for us to do as we please. Her price was WAY more than reasonable and I’m thinking I might actually give her a little more than she asked for if I really like the pictures because I’m just like that. Anyways, we’ve set up a date at the end of July to get the pictures taken. I’m really looking forward to having some pictures of just Jay and myself because we haven’t taken any together in a long time and I suppose we could call them engagement pictures (even though we’ve been engaged for over a year now and the wedding isn’t in site yet)… whatever works, lol! I’m just excited for the pictures because I really liked the style of the photographer! And the fact that we’re able to get it done and not spend gobs and gobs of money as well!

Since the last time I blogged, my mom came up for a visit. I think I might have mentioned that she was coming up in my last post. She got here Tuesday around supper time and stayed until Friday late morning. We had lots of fun while she was here, although we didn’t get out and do as many things as we did last year when both her and my sister had come for a visit. It didn’t help that I had work and Ayden had summer school and then I had clinic and my online class as well. I didn’t take a single picture, but my mom did so maybe I can get some from her.

Wednesday afternoon we hit up the pool again. Well actually, Ayden and I went Tuesday afternoon as well. We swam for over an hour and a half and he was a literal fish. I bet that he spent more time under the water than above it. It was crazy! I can’t wait to see him at his swimming lessons in the coming weeks. I signed him up for the beginner one and I’m thinking that he might already know all of the things for that class. I suppose that we will see though. The one sucky thing about these swimming lessons are that they don’t let the parents watch (except for the first time). I’m thinking that Ayden should be okay though.

So, anyways, we hit up the pool Wednesday afternoon and my mom suggested that Ayden try the water slide. We hadn’t tried it yet this year and he was too shot for it last year. I thought he would be tall enough for it this year so I told him to go ahead. I was surprised that he wanted too so bad as soon as my mom suggested it. She went up the stairs with him and went down after he did. He did great on the slide and it slowed him down enough at the end that he didn’t get pulled under the water and he is just tall enough to walk/swim out of the area to go up again. His only problem is walking back towards the stairs to do it again instead of running and the life guards are big sticklers about running, as they should be because of the dangers of wet flooring and slipping. He did the slide a few times and then it was back into the pool.

After the pool, we hit up Kohls because I had a 15% off coupon. I got two tank tops, a pair of skinny jeans (I rather like how I look in my other pair), and some new underwear. My mom got two pair of pants and a shirt and we just made it over $50 together to get the $10 Kohls cash. Then we stopped at Walmart where my mom proceeded to spoil her only grandchild and buy him a toy.

I was gone all day Thursday at work and clinic, so it was just Ayden and my mom. I did manage to come home for a hour to eat and play a game of Go Fish with them before I had to go back to campus. Clinic went really well. I had two evaluations and a hearing aid repair. I made it home by 5pm and we spent the rest of the night chilling around the house. And yesterday morning we took my mom to our favorite spot on the river by the damn and all of the rocks and then we went for a walk in the woods before she left.

Yesterday afternoon Ayden and I drove to Wittenberg, which is about 45 minutes away from Point to visit my friend who is having twins and her son. I only had to turn around twice on my way, haha! The first time I saw the road I wanted to take and drove right past it, lol! I’m prone to doing that, I think I get it from my mom because she does it a lot too on her way to new places. And then on the directions that I had written down, I hadn’t written right or left for the first turn and ended up turning in the wrong direction. But thankfully I didn’t go too far in the wrong direction before I realized it and turned around. We made it to my friends house just a bit after I had originally wanted to and proceeded to hang out there for the rest of the afternoon.

Ayden and Seth (who is about a year and a half younger than Ayden) had a great time together and probably would have continued playing really nicely for the rest of the night. It was really nice because it afforded me and Leah a good few hours to just sit and talk. And every girls needs that with her friends now and then. And she needs time to just sit and put her feet up because we don’t want to meet her two little girls too early now. Aim is to avoid any and all NICU time! I can’t wait to get my hands on those two cuties!

Jay is at work today, Saturday, and it is a big bummer. He said he that he’ll get off Wednesday then. I’d rather him have off today when we can all be home than on Wednesday when Ayden and I will be gone half of the day. But I suppose that he will be home tomorrow so oh well. Ayden is being really good today so I can deal.

Now that we are getting some family pictures taken, that means that I had to go and find some outfits that would match good enough for the pictures. I had a shirt all in mind to get at Maurices, but Ayden and I stopped at Walmart early this afternoon because he had some money saved up and he wanted to buy a Bionicle. While we were there I looked at the boys clothes and found the shirts I want Ayden to wear. I had already picked out Jay’s outfit from clothes he already had at home and needed something for Ayden and I to wear that would match Jay’s. I got Ayden a short sleeve button up shirt and a blue plain colored one to go under it. He has some pants at home he can wear.

I found myself a necklace and bracelet that would go with the shirt I wanted from Maurices, but we took a detour through the women’s section on the way to the check out and instead of paying what I would for two shirts at Maurices, I found one for our pictures, two other shirts, four tank tops, Ayden’s two shirts, and my necklace and bracelet. Suh-weet! I don’t normally get a lot of clothes from Walmart, but every now and then they’ll have something I really like and being the poor college student I am, I can’t go wrong. Especially since I can’t afford the high prices of anything else, haha!

I have clinic all day on Thursday this week. I checked the schedule and it looks like I have a hearing aid fit and three complete evaluations. That means I’ll probably be in clinic late in the morning since both this week and last week the supervisor went late (she has a tendency to talk A LOT and go over the allotted time slot and doesn’t really care) and then even later with three full reports to write up. I’m hoping that there aren’t many repairs and that I can be out of the clinic by at least 6pm because I still have to drive ‘home’ that night with Ayden and if we leave by 7pm at the latest (assuming I’m running a little behind and still have to eat before we leave), we’ll make it to Jay’s parents around 8:30 or 9pm. Going to be a long day and then the next I get to take some pictures with my cousin Amanda for her cousin’s wedding.

Speaking of her, you can totally check out her blog here, and while your at it, pray for the carpal tunnel she is experiencing at the end of her pregnancy to ease up because its really bothering her right now and I want her to be able to enjoy taking pictures next week because I know how excited she is to be doing this as well and I don’t want her to be in pain. Thanks!

Depending on when we leave the wedding, I might head back to Point Friday night, or Saturday morning. Next weekend is Riverfront Rendezvous in Point and Saturday night is Love and Theft! Jay’s parents have graciously said they would keep Ayden until they come up Sunday for the fireworks which means Jay and I can enjoy the concert alone. And it was totally his mom’s idea to keep him, so I’m even more thankful because we so wouldn’t have asked. Actually, I didn’t even consider it.

That’s all for now, tomorrow I really need to catch up on my class work. Need to look for an article to review, as well as get started on the discussion questions that my classmate and I will be doing for the following week, and then come up with a paper topic, and some interview questions. Oh the work, haha!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: