Sunday, June 13, 2010

Let there be light!

It’s been quite a lazy weekend around here. Love it! I had a baby shower to go to yesterday, but that was it. The rest of the weekend was spent at home doing… a whole lot of nothing, hehe! About time that we had a weekend like this. Although, lets not tell anyone else, but I’m secretly looking forward to tomorrow because I will have work and then hearing aid duty. Something to do because today was a little boring.

I’ve been bugging Jay for quite a while now about getting a screen door for our living room. We put one on our back door last summer (kudos to Jay’s parent’s for providing the one that they were not using to us) and I LOVE the light that it lets into our kitchen. If I haven’t mentioned before, our house is definitely not bright enough when it comes to natural light from outside. Definitely not light enough! So the addition of the back door has been great! It just makes it seem so much more open and it is!

Today we went and got a screen door for our front door. This one was a little pricier since Jay wanted to get a storm door for it the back one is just a wood frame like $20 one. With the okay from our landlord, we added the screen door on today and I love it! It makes the living room so much lighter (without having to use the actual lamps) and it feels so much more open. I didn’t realize how much I missed our patio doors from our old place until now. They let SO much natural light in and made the living room feel really open. Anyways, that was the big adventure of today. Lol, really not a whole lot.

Oh, and we’ve started a landscaping project as well. I know what you’re thinking, landscaping… the place isn’t even yours. Well, I do have to say that what we’ve done so far hasn’t really cost us a whole lot since Jay got a lot of the materials from work. We’ve only had to pay for the plants we got last spring, as well as thing spring that didn’t come back. So… the flowers really, oh and the bricks under my swing in the back yard, but those were really cheap. What we are doing now, once again, with the okay from our landlord, is just removing the lava rock along the sidewalk and replacing it with some pea stone gravel like stuff and moving some plants around. Jay was able to get the gravel from work for free since they had it left over from another job and we really didn’t need a whole lot and the plants were already there, we are just moving them to make them look better. I’m excited because it really didn’t look all that appealing when we moved in.

Although, it has turned into quite a bit more work than Jay had anticipated because apparently the people who originally put the lava rock in, put a bunch of brick pavers beneath them to keep out weeds instead of just weed barrier felt. So, now we have a pile of brick pavers that Jay is going to take to work because we don’t need them. It really was a crazy thing to do, but oh well. I can’t wait until it is done. I probably should have been out there helping Jay a little bit today, but he likes doing that sort of stuff.

This coming weekend is Father’s Day and as much as I would like another lazy weekend at home, we will most likely be going ‘home’ for it to be with our dads. I’m hoping that the weather is nice so we can get outside and go boating. I mean, we are almost at the end of June (okay so only halfway through it this coming week), and we haven’t been out on the boat yet. I am really craving me some boat time! Lol! Anyways, I need to call my dad and see when he will be home so we can visit with him as well and get a hold of my sister to see if she has gotten him anything yet or if we can collaborate on something together. We usually do.

And then next week my mom is coming to visit for a few days and Ayden starts summer school. And we are at the end of June then, well almost. It just feels like we are at the end of June already. Anyone else feel like that. Maybe because there is so much going on this summer that I am feeling slightly overwhelmed at this point and summer really hasn’t even started.

My friends and I are having another get together this week… only this time without the kiddos! I wasn’t thinking we were going to get together again so soon, but I’m glad that one of them brought it up. We are getting together at one of their houses and making homemade pizzas and are going to just gossip gossip gossip, lol! Isn’t that what girls do best together?! This time I’m going to try and get a picture of all of us. Might be kind of hard since no one else will be there to take it, but hey, that is what the camera timer is for, right?! Thought so, lol! Anyways, I’m looking forward to a girls night in without the little dudes!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: