Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Time Keeps on Going!

What a busy weekend! As much as I love summer, I'm really craving a lax weekend at home where we don't have to do anything or go anywhere and that hasn't happened in like the last MONTH and at least not for the coming two or three weekends. I've enjoyed the last couple of weekends, don't get me wrong, but sometimes you need to just stay home and chill on the weekends. Enjoy the warm weather instead of worrying about running around from place to place, etc...

This past weekend we had Ayden's last soccer game on Saturday morning (of which his team won), a wedding Saturday night, and Jay's graduation/parent's anniversary party on Sunday. If I'm being honest, the weekend wasn't all that great. The wedding reception was rather boring, however I did run into a few people that I hadn't seen in years, which was really nice. One being my only daycare teacher from WAY back when! Oh how I loved going to her house! She was like a second mom to us kids and when my mom had to work late we would often stay late and she would feed us supper. It was great to see her and I hope that she can make it to my brother's graduation party this coming weekend.

The food at the reception was GREAT. Probably the best dinner that I've had a wedding (that I can remember) and it was nice to see how things were done and think whether or not if we would do them at our wedding or change things. I have quite a few ideas swimming in my head already, its just getting to the day when we can put these plans into action. At this point, we know that Jay will have at least three groomsmen (and four if the last person agrees to) and I will have four (maybe five) bridesmaids.

I wore the cutest dress to the reception as well as some killer red high heels. I'll have to take a picture of them. Actually they weren't too bad for someone who doesn't wear heels on a daily basis. I could walk in them fairly good, however standing in them for over and hour and my tootsies were starting to hurt just a little bit. I'm excited to wear the dress again this weekend for my brother's graduation party because it the is the type of dress that you can dress up or dress down. And it isn't too short or strapless either. All too often I'll find a dress I like but can't get because its strapless (and being less endowed than I'd prefer), I don't want to be pulling it up all day and secondly, its too short and I feel uncomfortable in it. Well, this one is neither, but it is black and I realize last night as I was looking for a specific shirt to wear for today, that I own a lot of black clothing. Shirts in particular. I don't wear black ALL the time, but I find that it goes with pretty much everything and I like it.

One good part about the wedding was the table decorations. They had little bowls with gold fish in them and I totally stole one for Ayden. It was perfect because he was just asking for a fish the day before and I had said that we might stop at the pet store and get one for him. Each bowl had two gold fish in. But then the inevitable happened with gold fish that are supposed to live forever, lol! One died that night and the other died last night. Bummer! Ayden was pretty upset by the second one dying (since he didn’t know that there were two before they became one), but I fixed that by saying we’d get another one tonight from the pet store. I’m thinking another beta since we have everything for that already. Stupid fish… you were supposed to live at least a week!

On Sunday was Jay's graduation/parent's anniversary party, and although it was good to see a lot of people again, it got boring for me pretty fast. I don't know if I wasn't in a very social mood or what not, or the fact that Jay pretty much played cards the ENTIRE afternoon or walked around like a chicken with his head cutoff, but I really didn't enjoy myself all that much. I'm not a social butterfly so its hard for me to just walk around chit chatting it up with everyone here and there, especially people I don't see very often. But it was nice to get to see some family we don't see all that often and the weather was great (albeit a little humid) and Ayden had a GREAT time playing with all of his cousins. Well technically they are not his first cousins, but we don't care, lol! He's getting to the age where he doesn't really care who he's playing with and he has a good time and I really enjoyed watching him play with everyone. That and he didn't cling to me or Jay all day which I was grateful for.

And yesterday we helped clean up, which really wasn't all that bad and were headed home by 1pm. Once we were home we rearranged Ayden’s bedroom and then went to the driving range. Ayden and Jay hit some golf balls while I played with my camera. Ayden was getting really good which was awesome to see. He could really hit the ball pretty far! Definitely better than his mommy!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

1 comments:

amanda said...

i will agree it was a bit 'boring' on sunday. sorry i didn't get a chance to talk to you. it really bugs me when parents don't watch their little kids, and i felt like i should sit over there and keep on eye on them. i'm not meaning ayden either, i think at that age it's perfectly fine to let them play and do whatever. what bugged me was some other people's kids. :) anyways we'll chat at casey's party sunday. it seems more easy to talk at our family things anyways.