Monday, June 21, 2010

I Spy…

Over the last three days... I spied the sun, and you know what it did to me... it BURNT ME!!! Well, I probably deserved it since I wasn't 'protected' the way that I should be and in reality, I sort of wanted to get a little more color, and in reality, I'm not really THAT burnt and don't hurt THAT bad. And I did add some color, haha!

My first day back to clinic went well. I was finally able to get on the computer that I needed to get the hearing aids that needed repair checked out. My two appointments went well too which was good. My reports got written, new hearing aids were ordered, and I was still out of there shortly before 5pm... I call that good! Not looking for a repeat this week since I have two evals which will take longer to write up afterwards, but by 5:30 hopefully. Knock on wood for only a few repairs (or none!).

After I got home, I set to pricing all of Ayden's toys that needed to be priced for the rummage sale the following day at my classmate's house. I managed to get all of that done and eat supper before I had to leave again for my classmate's house for our online chat session. Katie, Amy, and I all decided that we were going to meet up at Amy's house for the online chat so we could also talk to each other out loud and it worked pretty nice. At first I wasn't sure that we were going to be able to get online at her house because her code wasn't working. Turned out she had the wrong code and we figured it out and got everything working before the class started. Whew!

The discussion itself was pretty funny. I wondering how tomorrow night will go. I still need to see if we are all getting together tomorrow night for the discussion as well. Would make it more entertaining, haha!

Friday was spent at my friend’s rummage sale all day. Ayden came along with me and had a kool-aid sale. The people who bought some were SO nice. He made just over $3 which I thought was pretty good for charging a quarter a cup. Sitting in the sun all day definitely left all of us tired. Ayden had a few minor meltdowns, but nothing sitting inside watching a little cartoons didn’t take care of. I thought he was really well behaved for being there all day. We got there at 8am and didn’t leave until after 3pm. We had a fair number of sales and did pretty decent for what we were selling.

Saturday was much of the same, except that we didn’t stay open as long because it was A LOT slower and both of us had stuff to do. I went over to help her set up, but then I had to stop at campus for something and then take Ayden swimming since I said that I would take him Friday night if he behaved at the rummage sale and then found out it was free on Saturday morning. So… we went Saturday morning for about an hour and it wasn’t as cold as I thought it was going to be or as crowded which was good. Apparently it is free almost every Saturday morning from 10-noon with different companies in town sponsoring it. Worked for me since the sun was out and shining.  IMG_7347 IMG_7350 IMG_7352 IMG_7353 IMG_7355 IMG_7358 IMG_7362 IMG_7365After we were done swimming, Jay and Ayden left to go ‘home’ while I stayed in Point. I helped my friend clean up the rummage sale, brought all of Ayden’s toys home, and did some laundry before retiring to the couch around 3pm where I started to watch Twilight, but ended up falling asleep and taking a good nap. When I woke up, restarted Twilight were I had stopped it and watched the rest. I ended up sleeping really well Saturday night too even though I didn’t think that I would.

I had to get up pretty early again to head ‘home’ for Father’s Day. I was headed to my dad’s house and then to watch my home town’s annual parade. It was another good day in the sun which led to some more sunburn, but that’s okay. More color… lol! Okay, I know that I should have put some sun screen on and by no fault of my sister’s, some of the spray on lotion she was putting on herself drifted on the breeze and ended up on me, haha!

Here are some pictures before we headed off to the parade… my younger sister Alexis!IMG_7373 IMG_7385IMG_7374My totally awesome brother in his totally ‘rad’ aviator shades! Doesn’t he look happy! I do have to say that he was a good sport after the parade and had a good water fight with Ayden and Alexis. It was fun to watch and I escaped with only a wet leg! YEAH! Because I had to drive home later, it would have been no fun to drive home in wet clothes!IMG_7380Ayden and I ended up leaving around 4pm and got home around 5:30 and we just relaxed for the rest of the night. Another long day meant two tired people and once again I slept really good last night which was surprising. I wasn’t expecting to, but definitely enjoyed it! Always enjoy a good night of sleep!

My mom is coming up tomorrow night and spending a few days here. I’m looking forward to it, however also kind of bummed because she won’t be here until tomorrow night around supper time and then I have my online class from 8-9pm. Then Wednesday for the first half of the day I have to work and Ayden has summer school. We have Wednesday afternoon together which is nice, but then Thursday I have to work and then clinic in the afternoon. I am calling Ayden in on Thursday to school so he can spend the whole day with my mom, however I’m bummed that I won’t be able to spend the day with them since I probably won’t be getting home until after 5pm and then she is leaving Friday morning at some point.

I’m excited for next week because Eclipse is coming out in theaters. And although I probably won’t see it until the following week when the theaters won’t be at their max, still almost full I’m sure, but not overly crowded (at least I hope not on a Monday or Tuesday night) and then its the fourth of July weekend which I’m really looking forward to. I found out tonight that Jay’s parents not only offered to watch Ayden while I had to shoot the wedding with my cousin Friday afternoon/night, but would keep him until they came up for fireworks on Sunday which means Jay and I will be able to go to see Love and Theft by ourselves. Not that we couldn’t have taken Ayden with us, but it will just be easier to enjoy and more fun without him.

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: