Sunday, July 11, 2010

Everything happens for a reason, right?!

This weekend was a mix of okay, good, and really really shitty. I have SO many thoughts running through my head that I just want to get out and write down, just for the sake of getting out, but this is a public blog, and I’m not ready to air that side of my life for everyone to see at this point. I’m currently ‘not talking’ to my used to be best friend, not that that is what this is about, but she used to be my ‘go to’ person. It’s not for the fact that we are in a fight or anything, just more like we’ve grown apart in the last few months with each of us on a different path in life. I no longer feel like I can just pick up the phone and call her like I used to. It’s not that I don’t have friends that I could call with what’s on my mind, but it’s not something I want to burden them with. The one person I would burden them with is no longer someone I feel like I can. And it sucks… everything about how I am feeling right now sucks… And the one person who it all surrounds and who I should actually talk to about it, I feel like I can no longer trust completely. I am a firm believer in that everything happens for a REASON. That we are on the path we are, because we are supposed to be there. That our lives are predetermined by a higher power. But, we as humans make conscious decisions every day, we falter, we are not perfect. And sometimes, like now, I feel helpless. I’m trying to keep myself busy so I don’t sit and dwell on everything that’s swirling in my head, but it doesn’t help. I want to cry. I want to get even. I want to be pissed. Payback’s a bitch and maybe I should have seen this coming after all. This weekend was strike number two… three strikes and you’re out, but even then could I let go?! UGH! 

But for happier weekend news, Friday is mine and Ayden’s ‘day off’ where he doesn’t have summer school and I don’t have work or class/clinic so we usually hang out at home together doing fun stuff. This Friday was no exception. We slept in, lounged around for the better part of the morning while I got some laundry done. Then we headed off to Kohl’s where I had some Kohl’s cash to spend. Ayden was really good in the store, although I think it was only because I said that I would get him a toy at Walmart that he has been wanting for a while now. And I caved… I love my little dude too much not to do that every now and then. What parent doesn’t? Yeah, I thought so, hah!

After our little shopping trip, we came home and had some lunch before heading off to the pool to do some swimming. Turns out that we left about 15 minutes before Jay got home from work. Apparently they had gotten done early on Friday. Had I known that, we would have waited for him to get home and had him join us, but oh well. Ayden and I had a great time at the pool, like always and then came home to find Jay already here.

Friday night we went to the hot air balloon rally in Wausau. It started out a little boring since we got there at 5pm and none of the balloons started filling until probably almost 7pm. I was so ready to just call it a night and head home before any of them started to fill up because Ayden wasn’t behaving very well and we hadn’t brought anything along really to keep him busy and we only had two chairs so he either had to sit on ground or on one of our laps and that child doesn’t sit still work the dickens.

It was lots of fun to see the balloons fill up and even a few of them take off. Out of the 20 that they said would be there on their website, we saw 16 fill up! Here are some pictures from our time there!

We let Ayden do the big trampoline thingy. He’s been on a trampoline multiple times, but nothing quite like this and I think he was a bit nervous at first! But by the end of his time, he was definitely enjoying himself.!IMG_8307IMG_8305IMG_8311IMG_8316 IMG_8321IMG_8333 IMG_8336IMG_8420  IMG_8341 IMG_8346   IMG_8356 IMG_8366IMG_8372IMG_8380 IMG_8383 IMG_8385 IMG_8387  IMG_8394 IMG_8398 IMG_8402  IMG_8404 IMG_8405 IMG_8411It was a late night getting home and thankfully Ayden slept in again on Saturday morning. We had a really lazy day Saturday, just staying around the house and playing. I printed some of Ayden’s birthday invitations, but then our printer ran out of ink. I also finalized the cds for the wedding that my cousin and I photographed last weekend and got those mailed out. I needed to use Jay’s computer to burn the cds because although my laptop has a cd burner, it doesn’t work for data cds. I don’t know why… I can burn music cds from ITunes, but every time I try to do a picture cd on my computer it doesn’t work. It says that it is, however nothing goes on the cd and then its a wasted cd.

Saturday night was also the city fireworks since they were cancelled last weekend. They were pretty good and we had a pretty decent spot. It got a little chilly while we were waiting, but we had some blankets along to keep warm with. And today we went fishing, but we didn’t catch anything. Bummer, but oh well. At least now I have my fishing license and don’t have to worry about that the next time that we go out on the boat and want to go fishing. It’s been raining a lot these past few days. I really wish that it would stop and be nice out for a whole day. Yesterday and today started out beautifully and then in the afternoon is when the rain starts. Ugh, doesn’t let you do much in the afternoon as far as outdoors stuff. Oh well I guess.

Back to the weekly grind tomorrow, not that I’m currently in the mood to deal with anything school related. I have two assignments due this week which totally sucks. Some practice problems, an article review, and a quiz due on Friday. Okay, so maybe that is three things. I also have a lab coming up that is due sometime soon as well, not to mention a five page paper on any hearing conservation topic that I want, although I have NO idea what I want to do it in. Double ugh, lol! But… the plus side is that I have officially made it halfway through the summer semester. Definitely sucks summer wise because we are almost already halfway through summer. Where does time go?!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: