Monday, July 19, 2010

Random Weekend Happenings

On Friday, Ayden and I went to go meet his new babysitter. Well, another babysitter, since his current ones will be unavailable this week and next week. They live right around the corner pretty much from our place, so we walked there. His new babysitter (and her mom) are super nice and I think that he will have a good time there. He will have another little girl and boy to play with for the afternoons so I don't think that he will have any problems. Ayden started off acting like a good boy, your typical normal five year old, but the longer we spent there, the more shy I think he became and then he started acting really weird for him... clinging on me, poking me, burying his face into my stomach, all stuff that he never does anymore. I suppose that it could have been because we were meeting some new people, but I left thinking that these people were going to think my son had some sort of quirk or something by the way he was acting. Oh well I suppose, they will see he's just as normal as everyone else when he goes there on Thursday afternoon.

The only part that I am a little nervous about is once school is out and Ayden has to meet his two new friends and wait with them until the babysitter picks them up. They only have to wait for a few minutes/play on the playground, but were talking about two 7/8 year olds remembering to find a little 5 year old that they only met once. I was a lot more nervous about this yesterday, but then I found out today that I get done with clinic early on Thursday and have a short break before my afternoon session starts and now I can actually meet Ayden after summer school and wait with him until his new friends find him and the babysitter picks him up. That has really eased my mind on the whole thing because now I know that he won’t get lost and will end up where he should be and that next week when it has to happen without me that it will go off smoothly. Yeah!

Saturday was wedding day… for Jay’s cousin. The wedding was in Madison and we decided to stay in Point on Friday night so that meant a lot of driving on Saturday. First we had to head to Jay’s aunt’s house to drop Ayden off since he wasn’t invited to the wedding. Thankfully that was on the way to Jay’s parent’s house. And Ayden was going to spend the day at the lake with a whole bunch of family since it was his great great grandma’s 92nd birthday party. It was a bit of a bummer that we had other plans, but I heard that Ayden had a great time so that was good.

We set off for the wedding a little later than we had originally thought we might since Jay’s dad had to work late, but that was okay. It was a fun night! Jay and I ended up sitting with some family that we don’t often get to talk a lot and it was rather hilarious. Ah, but what Hoerth event isn’t at least a little bit hilarious, lol! The food was really good as well, at least what I had was. I had the stuffed manicotti and I wasn’t expecting anything that great, but it was really good and I was glad that I chose that instead of one of the other options. And the best part… that I wasn’t expecting… Grandma Hoerth cake! YUM! I could have had two or three pieces! But alas, I only had one. Although the bride and groom did have a candy table set up for later in the night which I thought was pretty cute. Probably had that in favor of some other wedding favor and it went over well!

It wasn’t too late of a night because Jay’s brother had to work in the morning (as in 4am- he milks cows) and Jay and I had ridden down with his parents, but we did stop at Culvers on the way back for some frozen custard! YUM again! I didn’t think that we would, but on the way down Jay’s dad had mentioned something about stopping at an ice cream place on our way home and then when we drove past it on our way back without stopping I thought that that was the end of our ice cream adventure, but alas we found a Culvers and got some from there!

Sunday was a lazy day. We spent the majority of the day at Jay’s parent’s house doing a whole lot of nothing. After we got back to our place we cleaned and picked up a few things, but nothing too exciting happened. That’s okay, I like lazy days.

This week is going to be busy, at least for me and Ayden. Today after summer school, we are coming home and having some lunch and then it is off to campus. I need to do a lab with my classmates and Ayden gets to sit and play with some toys while I’m doing that. Then its off to swimming lessons, home for supper, and then shopping. We need a few groceries for this weekend and a few household necessities.

Tomorrow, its work and summer school in the morning for Ayden and myself. If I don’t get my pre-reports done this afternoon, I’ll need to go to campus to do those. Then swimming lessons and home. Not as busy as today is going to be, but Wednesday I’ll have to head into campus for a review on one of the tests that I am going to be doing for my afternoon clinic slot on Thursday. Not really looking forward to that, but I wasn’t given much choice. Hopefully Friday is more lax since there will be no place to go until 4pm when Ayden’s last day of swimming lessons rolls around. Then Saturday afternoon is pictures and Sunday is fishing on Lake Michigan! Then next week Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday… I am swamped with clinic since we are doing some screenings all morning long on those three days and apparently I’ll have clinic in the afternoon on Thursday as well since my supervisor was so kind to schedule some things. Oh bugger! Not looking forward to next week, but I’ll be able to get in at least 12 hours of clinic I think and the majority of them will be kid hours which is something we don’t get a lot of at our clinic. Looking forward to that part.

Time to head off to pick Ayden up from summer school and think about what we can have for lunch that is quick, but not a sandwich since we seem to be living off of those this summer! Have I ever mentioned that I don’t really like to cook?! Haha!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: