Tuesday, July 20, 2010

We have a…

WEDDING DATE SET!!!

It only took almost a year and a half after getting engaged to finally decide on when we were going to get married, but we knew that we would pick a date eventually.

I’ve done many posts before on weddings and getting married, so its no surprise when I say that I’m excited. Having a date makes it seem more concrete I think. Not that I ever thought that once Jay and I got engaged that we wouldn’t get married. It just means that within a certain time frame things need to get planned, paid for, etc…

So… when is the big day?

1159 days from now! That’s all I’m saying! Lol! If you really want to know THAT bad, then go ahead and look it up!

Okay, just kidding…

…1159 days from now just happens to be…

September 21, 2013! Holy smokes that is a LONG ways away!

Jay and I have been talking about picking a date for a while now. I mean every time we attend a wedding someone is asking us when we are going to get married. We talk about what we want to do/have etc as well. If it were up to him, we’d probably get married tomorrow, but we both know that weddings cost two arms and four legs and we can’t afford that right now.

I really wanted to get married on the anniversary of when we started dating, which is September 23, however it doesn’t land on a Saturday until who knows when, and it lands on a Friday next year. Friday weddings are definitely cheaper, but we still won’t have enough money by next year to have our wedding then. So, that led us to September 21, 2013. It just so happens to be after I graduate, which is probably the most logical thing to do, and two days before our 10 year dating anniversary. As if 10 years together isn’t long enough to decide that we finally want to make spending forever together official.

I’m excited, even though I have probably a year and a half yet before I need to even think about starting to plan anything, but that’s okay. Just to know that there is a date set makes me happy!

So, get your dance shoes all ready because 1159 days from now… we’ll be partying it up! Haha!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: