Monday, July 12, 2010

Renewed...

I did what I do best (or not so much) and opened the lines of communication. Communication is key. Of course I know that, however, I'm very non-confrontational (for the most part) and am not very good at letting my true colors show, especially when I am upset. I push others away when I should be pulling them closer. And, I got upset, I got mad, I cried, and now... I feel renewed. I feel the best I have in the last three days and it feels great. Definitely wasn't easy to come to this point. I felt very open and raw for a while, not something I'm used to. But, there is good in every situation, right? You just have to find it!

We started yet another landscaping project at our place. I know, I know, all of this work and you don't even own the place. Yet again, this one is being done for free. Most everything we've done has been done for free (at least the start of it). The flower beds in the back yard were made for free. We paid to put flowers in, and then to re-bark it this year, but those costs were minimal. The original bark and edging was gotten from Jay's work when we made it. We did however pay for the brick pavers we put in under my swing in the back yard, but that was less than $20 because we didn't need that many. The replacement of the lava rock with the pea stones was free since Jay got the rock from work. And now the paved storage area on the back side of the duplex is free because we are using the pavers that were under the lava rock by the sidewalk. It definitely looks better than when we moved in, that's for sure! Now if only we could get some new carpet in the basement, haha! Alas, no such luck at least this year because we already asked the landlords and they won't put any in this year. Since we are going to be living at our place for another two years, I'd rather it look like it does now than how it did when we moved in and the grass was crap and not even growing. The grass has definitely come a long way! Way to go Jay!

Ayden starts swimming lessons today. Part of me wishes I wouldn't have signed him up for them because it is just adding trouble to my already busy schedule on Thursdays, but he loves swimming and I'm hoping he has a good time. Although, when I told him that he would be starting them tonight, he was none too happy. Hopefully that changes by later this afternoon. The only sucky part is that they don’t allow parents in to watch (well only on the first day). I thought that that was weird, but I suppose it might help the students concentrate a little more and not worry about mom or dad. I think Ayden will be fine. I’ll go and watch him today and he will do great. I just know it! I hope the pool is warm for him, but he never seems to have a problem with it.

I’ve been relatively productive with some homework today. Think I might have found someone that will work for our interview questions. Need to do the article review by Friday and some homework questions by next Tuesday, but no worries. Oh and a quiz by Friday as well. Keeping my fingers crossed that I’m motivated to work on that article review tonight, haha!

For now… time to do some laundry!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: