Monday, July 26, 2010

Weekend Adventures

I slacked on blogging last week, but mostly because a whole lot of nothing happened and so I didn't feel like I had anything worthwhile to blog about. Our afternoons were much of the same and I was starting to feel in a rut again. It happens... I felt like I should be going out and doing more with Ayden, but either he didn't want to, I didn't want to, or what he or I did involved spending money that we shouldn't...
Thursday was a rainy and busy day for  me. It was my week for the rotating clinic slot which meant I had clinic from 9-noon and 1-4pm, only this week it was a little different. Because my morning supervisor had to leave by 11am, she scheduled an appointment before 9am at 8:15am and because I'm such a good student clinician, I made sure I could come in an do it. My morning appointments went really well and we got done by 11:30am. Nothing ever gets done on time with my morning supervisor, haha. So I thought only a half hour late was pretty good.

I was also done in time call Jay and have him pick me up so we could go over to Ayden's school so I could make sure he found his new babysitter okay and got to their house as he was supposed to. I called Jay to pick me up because it was pouring out and he was home from work and able to. I was in dress clothes and strappy shoes and didn't want to walk the three blocks to my car in the pouring rain. He obliged... then took me home so I could have a quick lunch before I had to go back to school for my afternoon clinic slot. My original supervisor for the afternoon clinic slot was gone and two different types of appointments were scheduled. Two central auditory processing evaluations. One at 12:30pm, which my classmate Amy did, and one at 2:30pm which I did with another supervisor. It was both of our first times doing them so it was nice to have the supervisor there with us. I have one more next Monday which I'm sure I will end up doing most of since I just did one last week. I don't know about Amy's appointment, but mine went as well as can be expected I guess. We finished up around 4:30pm and I was out of the clinic by 5:45pm after writing up the report and putting everything away.

Friday was another lazy day for Ayden and myself. I was looking forward to it all week because all we had to do was... NOTHING! Even though it wasn't a week worth blogging about per say, we did a lot of running around. And boy am I glad that swimming lessons are over with because I was definitely getting sick of the getting in and out of the car thing. I can only imagine how parents of multiple children feel having to buckle up more than one kid and get more than one kid in and out of the car several times. I have enough with one. Maybe its just because I was feeling really tired all week last week and not waking up feeling as refreshed as I would have liked.

Here are a few pictures from the last day of swimming lessons…

Ayden getting ready to get in the water, putting his goggles and his swim cap on. Don’t know why all the kids needed a swim cap, but it was free with the $5 registration fee so I wasn’t complaining.IMG_8666Getting ready to get in the water! Looks like he’s a little timid here, but he jumps right on in! No waiting for him!IMG_8692IMG_8686My FIVE year old was jumping off a raised platform and into NINE feet of water with no floatation device and swimming back to the side! Talk about freak mommy out, but he did great!IMG_8700Getting ready to practice his front crawl, didn’t quite master the arms this year, but that’s okay.IMG_8677 IMG_8679I forget what night of the week it was last week, either Wednesday or Friday night, but Jay brought home the BEST, and I'm talking the BEST sweet corn EVER! He picked it up from a local stand on the side of the road and it was SO good! Like the best sweet corn that I have ever had! He brought home 14 cobs and between the three of us, there were none left over at the end of the night... We each had WAY too much, but it was just TOO good to stop eating! Thankfully no one got sick from eating so much!

Saturday was our family and engagement picture session. I found the photographer through one of Ayden's old daycare teachers. She had taken her wedding pictures a few weeks back and I really liked them and the photographer was willing to take them for a very nominal fee. I really like the ones that she showed me as a sneak peak... here are a few! I can't wait to see the rest and share them! JB Photography (jb-arnold@hotmail.com) Here are just a few…38527_137213529645509_112199642146898_231146_4435481_n 38099_137213552978840_112199642146898_231147_3316550_n 38527_137213516312177_112199642146898_231142_1270066_nAt first I didn't think we were even going to be getting them taken because the weather just didn't look like it wanted to cooperate, but the rain held off so we were able to take them, but it was HOT out!

I’m glad that the weather cooperated because otherwise we wouldn’t have been able to take them until really late in August or even into September so that’s good because I really didn’t want to wait that long.
After our pictures we headed ‘home’ and stopped at Jay’s grandparent’s house before going to his parent’s house because Jay needed to fix something on the roof for them. While we were there I took some pictures of my ring and some of Jay’s grandma’s flower gardens because they are SO pretty, but I will share those in a different post. And I still have to post about the fishing trip, but I need to edit those pictures first.

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: