Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wedding Woes

We have a wedding come up this weekend (one of Jay's cousins is getting married), we've already attended one wedding this summer, I photographed one, and will be photographing another. Summer is the season for weddings no doubt. And I'll admit it, I'm jealous of these couples. Mostly jealous of the women getting to wear their wedding band. Mine is sitting in a jewelry box on top of my dresser waiting for that day. I tried it on again this morning. I do that every now and then. Oh how I want to wear it on my finger. I love my engagement ring and wedding band. Neither of them may be a rock and we may have gotten them used, but it fits me so perfectly. I take all of my jewelry off when I go swimming (except for my earrings) and the other day Ayden and I went swimming and then we went somewhere that night and I had forgotten to put my ring back on. I felt so naked all night long and kept looking my hand like it might magically reappear.

I know our day will come, I just can't help wishing it'd be within the next year or so, instead of probably the next five years. Jay and I will have been together for seven years this September 23rd. How many couples are together after seven years and still not married?! Well, I know that my cousin and her husband were together for quite a few years before they got married, but they also started dating when they were younger, so it is just sort of natural they they'd be together for longer before getting married because I don't think marriage was on their minds when they turned 18 or 19. Well... maybe? I can't really say. Another one of my cousins recently got engaged and has been with his fiancé since either close to right before Ayden was born or after because she remembers Ayden as a baby so they have been together for quite a few years too. And I'm jealous that they can get engaged and pick a wedding date right away and start planning. There's nothing saying that Jay and I couldn't have picked a date and gotten married right away after getting engaged, we'd just have had to take a $10,000+ bank loan to pay for the wedding. It's called no money. It's the ONLY thing holding us back and it sucks. Money sucks.

Okay, enough boo hooing about not getting what I want RIGHT NOW! It's not going to get me anywhere, just needed to get it out. And... I did.

Ayden's swimming lessons have been going well, for the two days that he has been in them. He put up a big fuss about going on Monday, but when he got out of the pool afterwards he said that he had a lot of fun. They are only two weeks long... Monday thru Friday both weeks. And I only paid $5! That is about $40 less than what I pay for the Y and it is two extra days long since the Y's lessons are once a week for 8 weeks. I was a bit disappointed with the instructor on the first day since I didn't think he was watching the kiddos as well as he should have been considering they were swimming in water that they couldn't touch in. I can't say for certain how well he watched them yesterday since the parents are only allowed to watch the lessons on the first and last days. The rest they need to stay out of the pool area because apparently it is a liability?! I don't know. It gives me 40 minutes of free time during which yesterday I wrote my article review up.

This past weekend two fishing trips were scheduled! I’m SO excited!!! Next weekend, not only are we getting our family pictures taken, which I am extremely excited about, but on Sunday we are also going fishing out on Lake Michigan! So pray for good weather for both days because both days we will be outside quite a bit! We are going fishing in a big fishing boat on Lake Michigan. Jay, his brother Steven, and I went out two years ago, but didn’t make it last year. It was a lot of fun and this year Ayden is going to come out with us. I can’t wait! The only down side is that we have to be at the marina by like 3:30am, and Jay’s parents live about 40-45 minutes away from him so that means a wake up call of 2:30am! Now that is what I call early!

And the second is sturgeon fishing in early fall. Back down to the Dells with Jay’s parents and his aunt and uncle and cousins. We had a fun time last year and some super GREAT warm weather! We didn’t get anything, but just being out on the boat on the water was fun! I’m just hoping that this year I am feeling better than last year. Last year I ended up getting a 24 hour flu bug from some patients that I had seen at the clinic the day before and it totally sucked. The only reason I know that it was from some patients was that at least three other students who had worked with these patients had gotten sick as well. It totally sucked!

Here is an updated picture of me and my honeykins! I took it the other day while we were out fishing and didn’t get anything. Sorry if I shared it already, I can’t remember and I don’t feel like going back and checking, haha!IMG_8427And here is an updated picture of me with my glasses on. I found out the other day that my friend, Kristi, and I have the same pair of glasses. Different prescriptions of course, but I thought it was totally bizarre that we had the same frames!IMG_8437-2We had some pretty wicked storms here tonight (and according to the radio the weather people don’t think we are done yet)! Like in the basement tornado scary storms! The last time that we had a bad storm like this, we were at our old place and Ayden and I were home alone and him and I were hunkered down in the laundry room because we didn’t have a basement and I couldn’t hear the TV from the bathroom. Oh joyous world, right?! Thankfully then, like tonight, we didn’t get anything other than a bad storm, but it could have been worse!

I love me a good thunderstorm, but when the wind picks up and tornados are mentioned I start to get a little nervous. Thankfully at our new place we have a basement, so we were all down there for a while waiting for the warning to expire, but I won’t lie, I was more nervous than I have been in a long time for bad weather. Oh and get this, when Jay first finds out that there is a tornado warning in our area he herds Ayden and myself into the basement and then he takes off in his truck to look at the storm. Can you say… DUMB!!! I didn’t know that he had left at first, otherwise I wouldn’t have let him go. I thought he was upstairs shutting the grill and deep fryer off and then when he didn’t come back down for a while I ventured back upstairs to see where he was and that was when I found out he left. Ugh, that irritated me!

Keeping my fingers crossed that the bad weather is done for the night. Planning on taking some pictures for my friend tomorrow of her little girl. This will be the third time I have taken pictures for her, so even if she still gets some indoor studio ones done, she must like my outdoor ones enough for me to keep taking them! I have no problem with that!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: