Monday, July 5, 2010

Wedding, Flowers, and LOVE AND THEFT!!!

I could totally separate this post into three different ones, but instead of doing that, I’m going to just make this one super long and filled with tons and tons of pictures! Sound good to you?! Of course it does! That’s what I thought, haha! Without further ado… enjoy a few pictures of Ayden! My little goof ball!IMG_7445IMG_7513I made it through my full day of clinic last week. I got to school to find out that my last appointment of the day was cancelled and I was excited about that because it was an eval so that meant I was going to be getting done an hour and a half early which meant that I was going to be able to write up my reports early and get out of the clinic WAY before I had originally thought I would.

However, the receptionist was able to fill the last afternoon slot and I was booked solid again. Clinic went really well and I was able to even do three different ear impressions and they all turned out really well which I was excited about because I hadn’t done many for clinic purposes last semester. I even got out of there by about 5:30pm which was good too! I got home and decided just to stay here in Point until Friday morning because I was just too tired to drive ‘home’. Ayden did not like that AT ALL and threw possible his biggest fit to date yet. I couldn’t believe it! But… we calmed down and the rest of the night went well.

Friday was the wedding that my cousin Amanda and I were taking pictures for. Overall, I think it went well… the picture taking part anyways, lol! At the end of it all I took over 450 pictures! It was pretty crazy, but I wanted to make sure I got some really good ones. I definitely don’t think I want to get into business photographing weddings because the pressure is just too much and I’m not a very bossy person. I am excited to do the one in August as well because I know that that one is going to be small and go well, but that’s it. Below is possibly my favorite picture from the wedding on Friday. I finally got all of the editing done and I think I edited almost 250 pictures for the couple. I hope they like at least two or three, haha!IMG_7785On Saturday, after I got back to Point, Jay and I did a bit of grocery shopping and I bought some flowers. I know that we have some in our back yard, but none like the ones that I bought and I just couldn’t pass them up! They were so pretty and vibrant and I wanted some color in our living room! I love sunflowers and hope that the ones that I planted end up looking this pretty!IMG_8098IMG_8068 IMG_8074 IMG_8075 IMG_8076 IMG_8078 IMG_8081 IMG_8082 IMG_8085 IMG_8086 IMG_8088 IMG_8091 IMG_8093 IMG_8096Saturday night we headed down to the riverfront to see Love and Theft and let me tell you… they were… A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!!!!!!! I had so much fun and they were SO good and we had GREAT seats! Well, at first we had okay seats. I probably could have gotten some halfway decent pictures with my zoom lens from the first spot we had, but then after some other people left after the opening band played, I wanted to move closer and Jay didn’t care. I knew that by the time Love and Theft started playing everyone was going to be standing anyways and at least this way I could get a better view of them from behind a bunch of other people. IMG_8101I love their music and they did not disappoint! Check out the pictures that I got! Plus… they definitely were easy on the eyes, if you know what I mean, haha! Don’t tell Jay, lol! The only down side was the lady who came up to me during my FAVORITE song of theirs that I was recording to ask what settings I had my camera on because she had an SLR and couldn’t figure out the night time settings… and… you can hear her on the recording! :( I was like… you’re kidding me right, during my favorite song! I just told her that I had it on the video setting and I hadn’t changed anything. I wanted to be like, if you have an SLR and don’t know how to get good pictures at night, then you probably shouldn’t have it in the first place. One of those people who think an uber expensive camera will take good pictures straight out of the box without reading the manual.

And get this… I completely FILLED my 4 gig memory card that night! No… I didn’t take the 900 pictures my card would hold at the megapixel level I had chosen, it was all of the videos that I had taken that filled it up!IMG_8177IMG_8106 IMG_8124 IMG_8128 IMG_8141 IMG_8175 IMG_8176IMG_8177These guys had such a great time playing for us! I loved their energy, their voices, their gorgeous faces, their music, their unity, it was just a great night! Jay said that he even had a good time and that they were a lot better than he thought they were going to be!

Yesterday was the 4th of July… obviously, however we didn’t get to see any fireworks. Total bummer! Jay’s parents and brother came up and brought the pontoon boat with them. The weather did not cooperate and we were on the river in the rain for a good part of the afternoon. Thankfully it wasn’t pouring rain while we were actually boating, just enough to be a nuisance. We ‘docked’ the boat around supper time and ate at the festival and that is when the rain really picked up. It POURED and POURED. We got into a building just in time before the rain really picked up. Thankfully, when the rain ended we quickly heard that the fireworks had been cancelled for the night. We jumped on the boat and quickly got to the pier and unloaded everything before it started raining again. We made it just in time because it started pouring just as we got home!

Fireworks were re-scheduled for tonight, however all of the rain we got today pushed them back until next Saturday. Ayden had summer school this morning, while Jay and I both had the day off. I went to the clinic after I dropped Ayden off at school because today is my day for hearing aid duty and I needed to take care of anything that came in on Friday. There were three things, and only one of which I was able to do. I need to talk to my supervisor about the two other things tomorrow, but neither of them are going to be hard, just easy questions.

After I took care of the hearing aid things, I came home and Jay and I rearranged our bedroom. The way we had it set up was blocking heater/blower thingy (whatever you call it). Well, it wasn’t completely  blocking it, but Jay thought we should try to rearrange things to see if it would help any. I did a bunch of laundry as well, and got caught up on some of my class work. Need to do a few more things for it tonight though.

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: