Friday, September 24, 2010

Another week come and gone…

We are almost in October! I thought September had just started… like yesterday!

I’m currently sitting in our ‘gliding’ chair wrapped up in my heating blanket watching Forrest Gump with Jay. It really is a joyous time! Actually, being all cuddled up like this with only one light on in the living room, Ayden in bed, and no impending class looming over me tomorrow is pretty relaxing. I must say that this week was considerably less stressful than any of the other weeks I’ve had so far this semester. I probably just jinxed myself by saying that. *Knocks on wood*

One of my classes was just a work day on Monday and believe it or not, I actually got a lot of work done during the time that we didn’t have to sit in class listening to a lecture. It also helped because Monday is our long day and this past Monday was possibly the longest Monday… ever! But I survived, always will!

Tuesday was clinic and it went well. We’ve had quite a few ‘different’ situations pop up for us this semester so far where clinic is concerned. Definitely kind of exciting and interesting, but I’m ready for just a few weeks of normal clinic stuff. This coming week I will be having a different supervisor, along with the next week. The good thing about the second week is that we are doing screenings at a local center and that means we don’t have to write reports or summaries. YES! A break! Haha! I know I shouldn’t be like that, but everyone needs a break every now and then.

Ayden had a dentist appointment on Tuesday and he got a clean bill of health teeth! No cavities! Yeah buddy! They were going to put sealants on his back molars, but I guess that they are not in far enough yet and will do that at his next appointment in six months. I suppose that the fact that he already has some caps, it was a good thing he didn’t have any cavities. Actually, a GREAT thing! I also had Jay talk to them about how Ayden’s teeth line up because it is not normal. I don’t know how else to explain it, or if they have a name for it, but the hygienist said that they have it written in his file to keep an eye on. They won’t be doing anything about it now because he only has his baby teeth and hopefully as his permanent ones come it, it might fix it. In any case, I was happy about the no cavities!

Jay hasn’t worked a whole lot this week. He got done early on Tuesday, didn’t work yesterday because of the rain, and only worked a few hours this morning because of the wind and the misty rain. Small check coming next week… although it was kind of nice to have him home a little more. It allowed me to get home earlier on Tuesday and for us to go get some down and dirty grocery shopping done since we had like no food at home!

On Wednesday (like my progression through the week, hehe)… I had the most relaxing day of the semester so far… it was great! Maybe I can contribute some of that relaxation to the Bath and Body Works Stress Reliever lotion that I had slathered on the morning before classes started?! Who knows?! But it does smell super good! Lab that morning went super fast and actually gave me about an hour and a half to eat and get a few other things done. I haven’t had ANY time really to sit down yet this semester at my desk and just chill and not really have to worry about getting anything done.

Kristi and I hit up the Y that night for a Cardio Mix class that kicked both of our butts! I really liked it though and I hope that we do it again because even though we both couldn’t almost walk afterwards, I felt really good and even if I’m not losing weight with going to one class a week, I love just getting out of the house for an hour and getting to see my friend. That… and Ayden and Lily have a great time playing together in the kids room! Ayden was just as sweaty as me when I went to pick him up!

Thursday and Friday were NO class days for me this week and I actually very relaxed both of those days too! Yesterday night Ayden officially became a Cub Scout! He is in the Tiger’s Den this year and he is really excited about it. Me… not so much! If it were up to me, I wouldn’t have signed him up. The introduction meeting ran WAY too long, they want WAY too much parent involvement, and want you to raise WAY too much money fundraising. Its just a super EXPENSIVE extracurricular really. I was getting frustrated… Although parent involvement isn’t a bad thing, but I’m already super busy with my school and work schedule and homework that fitting another thing in just wasn’t what I wanted to do and I’m definitely not one of those fundraising up the ying yang type parents. So… I left the decision up to Jay and he said yes. And then he told me the one thing that threw me for a loop… he said that he wanted to stop playing his game. He has played World of Warcraft for probably the better part of the last three years and I didn’t think I would see the day that he stopped playing. Well, I just might! I told Jay that if we did this Cub Scouts thing, that he would be the one who took Ayden to most of the meetings and so on and so forth and he seemed okay with that. Bring on the Cub Scouts! I’m glad that we went through with it though because I think that it will be good for Ayden, even if we are only in it for a year or two!

We survived the rain here in Point yesterday, although some places nearby weren’t so lucky. Jay’s grandma, my mom, and my dad all called after seeing Stevens Point on the news in their area. How concerning!

Tomorrow morning I get to pick up a bunch of photography books and props from Jay’s aunt. She no longer takes pictures professionally and although she has sold most of her props a while ago, she still has quite a few left at home and was wondering if I wanted any. OF COURSE! I was so excited when she asked and can’t wait to go and look through them tomorrow! And then I am heading to High Cliff to take some pictures for my cousins! I’m really excited about that too because its not too often that I get to take pictures of people who will actually listen to me when I tell them what to do, unlike Ayden, hehe!

And on Sunday we are heading to an apple orchard in the area if the weather is nice! They have hay rides and a corn maze and we can pick our own apples! I’m looking forward to a caramel apple! Yummy!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: