Friday, September 10, 2010

Octopus Arms!

It's been one (insert some choice words here) of a week! UGH! I am SO glad that it is coming to an end. I sure hope that every week isn't like this because I don't know if I would be able to make it through this semester.

I'm really hoping that in a few weeks we will be in more of a routine and things will settle down and it wasn't even a full week either, since we haven't had our first Monday of classes yet... of which I am SO not looking forward too. This is what my Monday schedule looks like... class 10-12, break 12-1, class 1-2:15, break 2:15-3, class 3-4:40, break 4:40-5, class 5-6:40. WAY too much!

This week I helped a professor with a lab and had clinic ALL day Thursday. Then I had to fit in everything else people want me to help with. I'm really getting sick of it. Everyone thinks they can have us do all of this extra shit and we will just drop everything to do it. And I'm too f*ing nice to say no. Well actually, I know that by saying yes it ups the anty on getting good recommendations from these professors for scholarships and externship placements. That, and they will start to look down on me if I say no all of the time. But still... as students we have to put school first and we do have lives outside of school with responsibilities and obligations. Hello! I have a family! I have to work! When am I supposed to fit that stuff in if you keep me sequestered on campus ALL day EVERY day with your crap!

Yes this is a vent! Argh! I'm just so frustrated because I feel very taken advantage of! Not only am I supposed to help with another lab for another professor, but us second years were also told that we each 'have' to help with two more labs over the course of the semester. And each lab is three times per week for two hours so there is another 12 hours of extra crap I have to be on campus helping with, no ifs ands or butts about it. And then the consequence of one of these labs more work for us second years because the undergrads get extra credit for having ear wax removed... and who do you think gets to schedule that in... US! Yes... it is more practice, but MORE STUFF TO FIT IN MY ALREADY FULL SCHEDULE! You have got to me kidding me! I'm feeling a need to sit down and talk to someone about this. I doubt the Madison students have to put up with this crap!

I am not bothered by this in the least, can’t you tell?!

But, it’s Friday… and I am SO looking forward to this weekend, just so long as the rain holds out tomorrow. I am supposed to take some pictures for my cousins tomorrow morning and I am super stoked about it! There are four girls and they are ages 15, 13, 11, and 9 (I think that is pretty close) and I have a bunch of fun ideas planned out for them so hopefully the rain isn’t bad. Although knowing me, it will be just because I am excited about doing it. But we have already scheduled a back up date if tomorrow is too rainy and crappy in two weeks so that is good. And then tomorrow afternoon we are heading to my dad’s house to give Alexis her birthday present and then… going to HU HOT FOR SUPPER!!! I am so excited for some yummy Hu Hot because it has been a while since we last had it and it is SO yummy!

Originally, my sister and I were only going to take Ayden and Alexis out for Alexis’s birthday, but then my sister mentioned that my dad had really wanted to go back and I thought that it might be a good idea to invite him and Wendy along as well. (Just might get out of paying the bill, hehe!) No, I will totally offer to at least pay for myself and Ayden, since Jay may or may not be coming, and then if my dad says he will… I totally won’t argue with him, lol! Jay will most likely be hunting all weekend so it will be just me and Ayden, but that is okay. I can deal with that.

Ayden had another successful week at first grade. We have established a little bit of a routine in the morning. I can’t tell you how nice it is to sleep in until 7:30 four out of the five week days. It is pure bliss! Although I’ve been pretty tired at night lately and going to bed a little earlier than I normally would and thus my body is actually starting to wake me up before 7:30am, and if it isn’t my body, its my boy, or the stupid bird outside my window. Ugh, birds!

I feel more comfortable with Ayden not riding the bus this year. It works out me dropping him off now. We are both comfortable with me driving up to the school on the drop off side, letting him get out, and then me driving away. Today he was all smiles as he walked over to the playground to play with his buddies. The picking up is a little different. I park and then walk up to the building and wait for him on a bench. We may or may not revise this as the year goes on, but it is what works for us right now and the stress of trying to figure something else out is not what I need right now.

We have the whole Great Escape thing figured out now and he really likes it. He keeps asking when the next day that he goes is and I have to tell him next week. I don’t know how many kids there are in there before and after school, but as long as he is happy and having fun that is all that matters. And he found his way there after school on Wednesday so that was good too because now I feel more confident with it. I wrote his teacher a note this past Wednesday asking if she could help bring Ayden to the room after school so I knew that he would get there okay. I don’t think that she helped him, but she paired him with another student who was going there and they made it there together so that was good!

And now I should probably go try and be productive until my meeting at 1:30pm… just maybe?!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: