Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Body Art Numero Quatro

Everyone is allowed the freedom of expression... it is what one does with that freedom that matters most... and even though we have that freedom, it doesn't necessarily mean that we cannot get into trouble for expressing ourselves in inappropriate ways because... we can... and will.

But, this isn't about how I got into trouble using my freedom of expression in the wrong way and got into trouble, because that did not happen. I am not an outlandish type person with something that I want people to take note of. I'm an average 20 something woman who does not want to be noticed for that type of stuff.

One way that I do express myself through is with tattoos. Before last Friday, I had three tattoos, all of which mean something to me. The first one is on my mid to lower back area. Not exactly 'tramp stamp' area (although that connotation really bugs me because its just stupid), but a little higher. It is a baby angel sitting on a cloud with Ayden's name above it. I got this a few months after Ayden was born when my mom got her first tattoo. I loved it then and I still love it now. That tattoo was in honor of my baby boy! He'll always be my baby, even when he's my age... it's just how it goes... right moms?!

About a year or so later, I went back to the same tattoo artist with my mom and we each got our second tattoos. This time I got the Chinese symbol for 'persistence' with a little design around it, on my wrist. Once again I loved it then and love it now. This one I got to keep me motivated. Oh, I know I didn't need a tattoo to keep me motivated, but it helps. I need to be persistent in everything that I do until I succeed in the manner that I want to. I need to not quit and keep going! And that's what I do.

I often forget about both of my tattoos because I've had them for so long. More so the back one because I never get to see it and I often forget about on the one on my wrist until someone mentions it to me. Of course I see that one multiple times during the day, but it is such a part of me that I just over look it.

Then... I took a break from mutilating my body with tattoos until almost two years ago when I went with my best friend and got yet another one. This time I got the word 'believe' across my foot with Ayden's footprints on either side as well as two small flowers. 'Believe' has been my mantra since way back in high school. Along with needing to be persistent with everything I do, I also need to 'believe' that I can do it. I would always say... 'don't hope, believe!'. I love that tattoo and still do.

And now, almost two years after my last tattoo, I've gone and done it AGAIN! This tattoo is by far my biggest. I've gone and done it on my ribs and it is also by far my FAVORITE! It is gorgeous, beautiful, awesome! I couldn't have asked for anything better and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I won't lie, it was painful, but SO worth it.

My friend and I got to the tattoo place right at my appointment time and we only had to turn around once, haha! It was in a town that I don't drive and I was following some printed instructions and it was raining out and the roads were more confusing that I had expected, but we made it. And then we found out that the appointment would be delayed because the lady before me had wanted a bigger tattoo than they had anticipated. Little did we know that it would be three hours later before I got tattooed. I have to admit that it didn't feel like three hours, at least to me. During that time my friend debated about getting her nose pierced and then decided against that and wanted something different. And then didn't know if she wanted that, and then she did. And finally she went forward with it and then decided that she wanted another one and then she went forward with that too. So all of that decision making took up some time. I was only mildly irritated by the time my appointment rolled around.

My friend stayed for the beginning part and then she had to go home and I was stuck in pure torture for another three hours! Okay, it wasn't all pure torture. I knew what to expect pain wise and in the beginning it was VERY tolerable. But, I'd say about an hour before we were done I was almost at my pain limit and would have LOVED to stop! But, I made it through and I LOVE the outcome. It was a LONG four hours laying down in one position getting repeatedly poked at with a needle, but oh SO worth it! The only ‘bad’ part of that day was the catastrophe that Jay went through which is truck that night and then getting freaked out when I didn’t pick up my phone and started calling around trying to see if I was okay. Um… we won’t go into that story, haha! It was pretty funny though, well not really, but after the fact.

Here is a before picture of my side… picture courtesy of the little dude! (I’m raising quite the photographer, hehe!) You can see a few stretch marks near my stomach that are the result of my favorite little dude! Beauty/battle marks, haha! Six years and they have not gone away, oh well!IMG_2845And here is the after picture. Mind you, it looks opposite because I am taking the picture using the reflection of a mirror. And don’t look at the icky mess that the tattoo goo has left on my shirt. Like I said before… I am absolutely IN LOVE with my new tattoo.IMG_3070The scabs are starting to come off now and it is almost more sore now than the day or two after it was done. But I can’t wait to see the smooth finished product!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: