Friday, November 5, 2010

Love/Hate

lovehate37-thumb1I'm having a love/hate relationship with school right now. Lately, it’s been more days of hate, than love. I'm in some desperate need of a kick in the butt to get myself motivated to get things done. I feel like, no, I know that I'm slacking in the homework department and turned in an assignment yesterday that I know didn't have the correct answer for the last question and honestly, at that point I didn't even care to try and find the correct answer. I searched for it for a while, and then put some BS down about why I thought my answer was correct, even though I knew it wasn't. And… I turned it in to a professor who doesn’t except BS. Ha, I showed him, lol!

Pressures on to get my butt in gear and get things done though. About ready to count down the minutes until Thanksgiving though because it cannot come soon enough!

I was able to get my class schedule for next semester this week and let me tell you, it severely depresses me. It is worse than this semester (except for the fact that we don’t have any labs, so hopefully that means less extra time on campus and the fact that I will be off campus for my clinicals which means no extra time on campus for that either) and I have class from 8am-9:15 am, then I’ll run over to work from 9:30-11:45, then run back to the clinic for class from 12-12:50, short break from 1:00-2:00, class from 2:00-3:40, break until 4:00, class from 4:00-4:50, and last class from 5:00-6:40, on both Monday and Wednesdays.

That means, getting up BEFORE 7am, I know, I’m severely spoiled this semester, and not getting home until 7pm both of those nights. I’m okay with the wake up time, but it’s the time that I’ll be getting home that I’m not liking. That means I get a whole hour with Ayden those days because more often than not, I’ll be leaving the house in the morning as he is getting up. A whole hour is NOT enough for this mommy. Sad smile 

To top it off, I’ll have to worry about my off campus placement as well. There is talk of the clinic supervisor setting me up with a placement in the Fox Valley or Oshkosh area. Well, those areas are a good hour drive away from where we currently live which means, leaving an hour before I’m supposed to be there and getting home an hour after my placement is over… TWO less hours with my family two more days a week! And even worse, I’ll be driving… IN THE WINTER! I HATE driving in the winter! And an HOUR of driving on crappy roads means it will take me OVER an hour! HATE it! Definitely hoping that I don’t end up at that placement! I mean, if the placement is from 8-5, I have to leave before 7am and won’t get home until after 6pm. Getting depressing. Sad smile But, I know that everything will work out how God wants it to and if I am supposed to end up at this placement, I will. All will be okay, it’s just hard to think about it right now. It just might make me appreciate my family time even more. I just know that this program is geared towards the average student with no life, ugh!

On the upside, I had my midterm meeting with my supervisor today and it went really well. As upset that I was to end up with the supervisor that I did at the beginning of the semester, I think he’s been very helpful and I’d recommend him anytime to a student. He may be a bit more brash about some things, but he is a very intelligent individual that gives very helpful feedback, as much as I hate him sometimes, I’ve definitely learned a lot this semester!

Going to go chill for a little while and read and then try and be more productive this afternoon, hehe!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: