Saturday, April 9, 2011

Back to the big blue park!

Ayden and I had a pretty good day today (while Jay was off visiting with a friend). Actually, one of my friends called in a bind about halfway thru the day asking if I wouldn't mind watching her son for her. The plan already was for him to come over just before supper, but something came up and she needed someone earlier and of course it was okay with me. Ayden and his buddy had a great day together and they didn't want to stop playing when it was time for his friend to go home. I'm really happy they had such a good day together because his friend is almost four years older than him.

We went to the infamous big blue park and played outside for almost two hours this afternoon. We threw sticks in the river, 'hunted for alligators',played basketball and hide and seek, and overall just got a lot of energy out! We didn't go for a bike ride though because it was cold today and I didn't want to push Ayden's friend because he's been having some energy difficulties lately (no worries, his mom has already been to the doctor about it and they are running tests). But it was definitely fun to get some fresh air for a while! Except I wore my cloth like shoes and ended up walking through some mushy ground and my feet were instantly soaked (and cold)! Oops, my bad!

When we got home, the boys played a bunch of Wii, ran around in the basement and built with legos. And we made rice crispy bars and covered them in chocolate... just what I need in the house, right?! A full pan of rice crispy treats! I won't lie, I had two small squares today. I've been good all week and deserved it and boy did it taste yummy! You know what I like most about rice crispy treats?! How easy and fast they are to make! I literally made them in like 10 minutes total and then we were enjoying them and the mess was minimal because I melted the butter and marshmallows int the microwave instead of on the stove. And melting the chocolate chips for on top was super quick and fast too!

I managed to get all of the laundry done and even folded today! I was very motivated, hehe! Plus it leaves me tomorrow for homework stuff that I would like to get done. I don't have to get anything done, but there are a few things I would like to get motivated on. The end of the semester is definitely coming up fast, that is for sure... and definitely a good thing too! Can't wait! Although I am getting anxious to see what my summer clinic schedule is going to be like.

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: