Friday, April 8, 2011

Weight Loss

I’m pretty sure I mentioned in my last post about how I’ve lost a couple of pounds. That number has increased a little bit since then. I'm more than a teensy bit excited about it, but when I posted about it on Facebook today, I didn't get the response I was quite hoping for (not that I ever expect some sort of reaction to my status changes). Instead I got a bunch of 'you don't need to lose any weight' comments. That bummed me out more than I thought it would because I'm pretty proud of myself. I've been working pretty hard at being healthy these last two weeks. I'm not crashing dieting or working out every spare minute, I've been doing good healthy things.

Yes, my starting weight (according to the BMI index for my height) was in the normal range, but does that mean I'm healthy and should weigh what I do?! I honestly don't think so. I started this whole get healthy thing because I was truly unhappy with the person I saw in the mirror at the end of each day. I would stand in front of the mirror each night in my pajamas (which really is just a t-shirt) and I would look three or four months pregnant my stomach would stick out so much. My thighs were yuck and I would think about how unhealthy I looked. I don’t say ugly or fat, because I didn’t (and don’t) think I’m ugly or fat, just ‘letting myself go’. And what made it worse was that my stomach would still be sticking out still the next morning... I wanted that flat stomach back I had a few years ago without having to REALLY suck in ALL DAY LONG. I wanted to sit down in my favorite pair of jeans and not have my 'love handles' hanging over the sides of my jeans. Most of all, I wanted to like what I saw in the mirror at the end of each day and be more healthy.

It wasn't and isn't so much what number I see on the scale each time I step on, it's how I feel about myself when I look at myself in the mirror. I could weigh 145 and be in great shape and love what I look like or weight 130 and be in sucky shape and hate what I look like, you know? Am I going to lie and say I'm not happy to see the scale numbers dropping... no, because I'm pretty much ecstatic. I love that I am seeing some results not only on the scale, but in the mirror as well.

Like I said, I’m not crashing dieting, taking any dietary supplements, doing some sort of diet plan, nothing like that. I’ve just quit drinking soda and started drinking A LOT more water. They say eight glasses of water a day… that’s a lot if you think about it. I’m up to about four without hating water yet. I’ve also cut out most of the junk food I’ve been eating and am now eating smaller meals throughout the day. I have decreased the number of calories I eat each day, but its not drastic. I’ve also started taking a multi-vitamin (although that’s more for just being overall healthy than weight loss because I know that that isn’t contributing to any weight loss).

So, instead of being down about those who think I don’t need to loose weight, I’m going to be happy for myself. Happy for my results! Be happy!

No matter what it is… everyone is going to have an opinion on whatever you are doing. Oh well, I don’t give a hoot (or at least I try not to give a hoot).

Jay went to go visit his ‘boy toy’ in Minnesota this weekend. He hasn’t seen his best friend in more than just a couple of months (although they talk on the phone like umpteen times a day) and so I was fine with him going. He needs some guy time every now and then and he hasn’t gotten any of that since sturgeon spearing and that was a couple of months ago. I think they might try and get out and do some golfing. I hope they enjoy their man time together, haha!

Ayden and I are just chilling at home for the weekend. I have some school related things that I would like to complete by the end of the weekend, but that won’t happen until Sunday. I’m going to have another relaxing day tomorrow because it is supposed to be pretty nice out. It’s supposed to rain and what not on Sunday so that will be a good day to sit inside and work on school work.

Time for supper… left over brats or pot roast… both sound pretty yummy, but I think I might go with the brat tonight.

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: